The Middle Tennessee Thread

I have several young pullets mostly Marans (Solid Blacks,Reg Cuckoo,Whites) just getting ready to lay, also a few hens that are about 1 1/2 years old. Solid Black and Golden Cuckoo Marans. Some mixed Bantam pullets all for sale.
I have 5 Black Tailed Buff Marans cockerels if anyone is interested. Might sell a few cuckoo Polish and Silkie/Showgirls. Send me a message if interested.

Anyone in the area have Silkie hatching eggs? (Breeder/show quality). I'm not having luck with craiglist. I'd also be interesting in any auto-sexing breed or ameraucana hatching eggs as well:)

Anyone in the area have Silkie hatching eggs? (Breeder/show quality). I'm not having luck with craiglist. I'd also be interesting in any auto-sexing breed or ameraucana hatching eggs as well:)

If mine were laying well enough I could help you out. The silkies are kinda on strike.

So I don't like to pick favorites, but one of my Silkie hens that followed me around, sunned on my feet, and was basically a dog passed away in my arms tonight. i brought her and a couple others back from college with me, so with not having and knowing a lot of people here I spent most time with my animals (duh). I haven't cried over a chicken death in a lonnggg time. I feel pretty empty and low :(

So I don't like to pick favorites, but one of my Silkie hens that followed me around, sunned on my feet, and was basically a dog passed away in my arms tonight. i brought her and a couple others back from college with me, so with not having and knowing a lot of people here I spent most time with my animals (duh). I haven't cried over a chicken death in a lonnggg time. I feel pretty empty and low :(

:hugs

Very sorry for your loss... I understand how much they mean to you when you spend most of your time with them... :hugs

So I don't like to pick favorites, but one of my Silkie hens that followed me around, sunned on my feet, and was basically a dog passed away in my arms tonight. i brought her and a couple others back from college with me, so with not having and knowing a lot of people here I spent most time with my animals (duh). I haven't cried over a chicken death in a lonnggg time. I feel pretty empty and low
sad.png

So sorry katie1500! I just lost a hen for the first time this week. :( She was barely 20 weeks and the most lively, noisy, energetic of them all. It feels so strange for her to not be out there running and playing.

So sorry Katie1500……I lost my first and favorite girl not long ago. Her name was Oprah and a Dominique, she always sat in my lap, followed me around, took blueberries out of the mouth of my grandson (her parlor trick) without every touching him, and was everyone's favorite. My daughters dog got out and killed her. I balled like a baby right there in the backyard, no telling what my neighbors thought. It was such a loss….word must have passed because I got condolence cards from neighbors and cookies….they used to bring their kids over to see her and she loved visiting with them.
My point is, most people might think they are just chickens, but they are pets and part of the family….at least in my case….and it's the same as losing a dog or cat.

So I don't like to pick favorites, but one of my Silkie hens that followed me around, sunned on my feet, and was basically a dog passed away in my arms tonight. i brought her and a couple others back from college with me, so with not having and knowing a lot of people here I spent most time with my animals (duh). I haven't cried over a chicken death in a lonnggg time. I feel pretty empty and low
sad.png

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom