The Middle Tennessee Thread

Well... after several attempts to restart my Barred Rocks I am roo-less. I decided I will just sell my Barred pullets. I can use the pen to work on BLUE Rocks. That has been a project I have wanted to work on for YEARS and now I FINALLY have a really nice Blue Rock cockerel. I also have some new enthusiasm for my Silver Penciled Rocks. I just had a hatch with chipmunk striped chicks so that means I now have the start of my BLUE Silver Penciled Rocks. So in the fall my farm is going to be a little different.

I have a few breeds I have decided to sell out too. With reducing numbers breeds I can replace down the road have to go. Blue Silkies, White Silkies, Beliefelders, Brees, BLRW hens and now the Barred Rocks. I have already sold all the orps the extra roos are going to the roo guy soo.

We have to take a trip in July so I want to get my numbers WAY down. I am not going to hatch anything after this week. If you know me at all... you know that is going to be SO HARD! Guess I need to put an ad up on the BST for all my eggs. But all is good I get to make some pen changes to get ready for me to hatch again in late July. (Don't tell but I do kinda like having fewer birds.

WISH ME LUCK sorting pens the next few days weeks.

Not chickens you guys but where is a good place to pick strawberries? I am willing to drive to Portland. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. The last place I got $13 worth and seems like I didn't have as many berries as if I had bought 4 lbs at the store. I am in Ashland City/Nashville so anyway close. A link or a name would be good. Some of these places are charging CRAZY prices. $3 a lb is too high... I don't care how you grow them that is too high.

Back
Top Bottom