The Middle Tennessee Thread

My wife was dying for silkies and I always was absolutely against it. Then I learned of their broodiness and started searching locally. Then I showed her a Ayam...her favorite color chick. Funny how we end up with our chickens.

Every time I sell some he tells them that he likes the silkies... he does.  Talks to them more than the others.  He will even pick them up and pet on them a little. 

That's mine too!! lol...

My wife was dying for silkies and I always was absolutely against it. Then I learned of their broodiness and started searching locally. Then I showed her a Ayam...her favorite color chick. Funny how we end up with our chickens.

We got them for that too, but actually I prefer our black Ameraucana broody... she starts laying by the time they're 3 weeks old and has them on their own at 4 weeks, and thriving... and she'll adopt any chicks, any age...

My marans are the worst about broodiness. I'm using them now because it is easier than trying to break the whole pen of them! I am sick of broodys. 3 white marans are broody, a cuckoo marans is broody, 2 blue copper marans are broody and 4 BCM are broody, right now.

I only ever had 1 Marans go broody, she wasn't too bad... I kept her... right now I think half of just about every single pen is trying to be broody, except my Lav Am's... I only use the good broodys though...

I only ever had 1 Marans go broody, she wasn't too bad... I kept her... right now I think half of just about every single pen is trying to be broody, except my Lav Am's... I only use the good broodys though...

FINALLY!
love.gif
My chicks I have been waiting on since February! Silver, Buff, Lavender and Black AM's.

I have broodies everywhere right now. A black copper Marans in the layer coop and Silkies and Sizzles basically sitting in every available location in the bantam coop. They're driving me nuts. I'll be glad when they get back to laying and stop screeching and growling at me every time I go in there!

Back
Top Bottom