The Middle Tennessee Thread

Nothing wrong with that IMO

Well, it's too quiet on this thread... :confused:

How are things going over there? Those ducklings creating enough mess for you yet? How're the Marans? Did they take a laying hiatus in the move?

I've got countless broodys dropping all over the place, lol... some just won't give up... have a dozen Calls determined to brood too... and TONS of eggs in the bator!

Well, it's too quiet on this thread... :confused:

How are things going over there? Those ducklings creating enough mess for you yet? How're the Marans? Did they take a laying hiatus in the move?

I've got countless broodys dropping all over the place, lol... some just won't give up... have a dozen Calls determined to brood too... and TONS of eggs in the bator!

Itty & Bitty (those are my mini silver appleyards) are doing great. I gotta move them tomorrow cuz the DH says they make too much noise in his office. Itty was in the brooder peeping at Bitty who had just pipped during a teleconference and apparently Apple frowns on keeping ducks in your office.

The Marans did stop laying for a while but I got 3 eggs from them yesterday and 3 more today so I'd say they're picking up again. But that roo I got from BYC910 is too dang nice :lol: My kid calls him Mr. Nice Guy cuz he's afraid of the hens. He needs to grow some & fertilize some eggs already!!

Itty & Bitty (those are my mini silver appleyards) are doing great. I gotta move them tomorrow cuz the DH says they make too much noise in his office. Itty was in the brooder peeping at Bitty who had just pipped during a teleconference and apparently Apple frowns on keeping ducks in your office.

The Marans did stop laying for a while but I got 3 eggs from them yesterday and 3 more today so I'd say they're picking up again. But that roo I got from BYC910 is too dang nice :lol: My kid calls him Mr. Nice Guy cuz he's afraid of the hens. He needs to grow some & fertilize some eggs already!!

:lau

But doesn't everyone keep their ducklings in the office???

Glad they're picking up laying again, happy with the eggs?

Too funny about the cockerel, our last BCM cockbird was the nicest bird, bit of a dork, but nice, lol... did he tell you what he named his BCM cockbird???

:lau

But doesn't everyone keep their ducklings in the office???

Glad they're picking up laying again, happy with the eggs?

Too funny about the cockerel, our last BCM cockbird was the nicest bird, bit of a dork, but nice, lol... did he tell you what he named his BCM cockbird???

No he didn't mention it but I have a feeling it's epic. I am happy with the eggs thank you! I can't wait to set some, was going to wait til we move to the new house but I'm impatient
1f642.png

The Marans did stop laying for a while but I got 3 eggs from them yesterday and 3 more today so I'd say they're picking up again. But that roo I got from BYC910 is too dang nice
lol.png
My kid calls him Mr. Nice Guy cuz he's afraid of the hens. He needs to grow some & fertilize some eggs already!!

He'll get over it . They can be shy and Marans seem to be the worst ones about it . He may have covered the hens and you haven't seen it . A H never covers the hens when I'm around . He's to busy trying to get me
gig.gif
But there is a way to get him fired up but you need a stranger to do it . Just grab one of them hens and make it squawk. He will come after you . That's why I say have a stranger do it . If I'm working with the hens the first thing do is cage the roosters .

No he didn't mention it but I have a feeling it's epic. I am happy with the eggs thank you! I can't wait to set some, was going to wait til we move to the new house but I'm impatient
1f642.png

Well, tell that boy to grow a pair and get to steppin'! lol

Yep, initials are AH and he ain't talking 'bout no donkeys rear end... ;)

Well, tell that boy to grow a pair and get to steppin'! lol

Yep, initials are AH and he ain't talking 'bout no donkeys rear end... ;)

HA! That's funny. This one is a gentleman but I guess in the poultry world u gotta be a little less pc.

He'll get over it . They can be shy and Marans seem to be the worst ones about it . He may have covered the hens and you haven't seen it . A H never covers the hens when I'm around . He's to busy trying to get me :gig  But there is a way to get him fired up but you need a stranger to do it . Just grab one of them hens and make it squawk. He  will come after you . That's why I say have a stranger do it . If I'm working with the hens the first thing do is cage the roosters .

I'm not worried. Not gonna complain too much about having a "nice" rooster. And I suspect he has been covering them. Guess I'll find out when I set some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom