The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hey guys!! I'm looking for a breeding trio of any color polish for my little brother. He's been begging for these and I'm gonna surprise him with them. Any color is fine, but I'd also like them to be fairly young and laying. Please pm me if you have anything. Im located in Sparta.... Thanks!!!!

Pics of the kids! lol. Coming up on 6 weeks old. I still don't know which is which!

And the coop which still needs a ton of work!

This one LOVES this perch and is the first one out of the box when I open it up.

Hi everyone!,i live near ky but on tn side does anyone near me have peacocks?hope to hear from peeps soon.
Angela

I have seen peacocks listed from Hodge Podge -they are up Pennyrile way. I got my Welsummers from them last year. I think they have several colors, there was recently an ad on either WKY or Clarksville Craigslist for them. Hope that helps.

I have been to poultry hollow bout 3 years ago,had a great experience,think I lost 2 out of everybody,but expected anytime u but live animals sooo young,but went a few months ago,n had a HORRIBLE experience with owners son,so we left empty handed,then emailed owner explaining how unhappy I was with visit/experience .her reply was 1 excuse after another,so I NEVER WILL RETURN OR RECOMMEND.
They have peacocks but WONT SELL ANY PEACHICKS,same on turkeys..hmmmm thought that weird

I got some chicks at Poultry Hollow a year and a half ago. I was very pleased with the chicks - and the place looked clean and well cared for while I was there. So no complaints from me. I must've been there on a good day, though, because I've heard many stories of bad experiences since then. I haven't gone back because I've found lots of other places to get chicks. Donna is a great source for chicks and hatching eggs. Poultry House (not Hollow) in Franklin is also a great place to get chicks, but I think they only have them in the spring.

Interesting story: I had two broody hens - each with 5 CLB eggs under them, and when day 21 got here and no chicks had hatched, I was convinced all the eggs were duds since my broody eggs generally hatch by day 20. And with the hot weather, I really thought they'd hatch early. So I got five chicks from Donna to slip under the broodies - along with two chicks from Meyer Hatchery (I ordered 8 chicks from Meyer, but only 2 survived being shipped here). When I got home from Donna's, the CLB eggs were starting to hatch (day 22/23). As it turned out, every single CLB egg hatched - 6 female, 4 male. So between the two broody hens, there are 17 chicks. What I learned is that broodies will accept chicks that are several days old when they're put under her while other eggs are still hatching. And the chicks - even though they were in a brooder with other chicks for several days, immediately bonded with the broody and are acting just like the chicks she hatched.

Donna, your sex-link EEs are adorable and thriving!

Back
Top Bottom