The Middle Tennessee Thread

I do plan on raising some piggys too, but not till a little later on....guineas first, and chickens of course! Going to be fun moving all the ones I've hatched and raised this year, plus a few of the oldsters too to keep us in eggs until the littles start laying....

love.gif

Does anyone in the Middle Tn area have any Cream Legbar hatching eggs?? I would like to get about a dozen in an week or so.

I moved the girls last week, so the eggs won't be 100% certain pure for another 2 wks, but then yes I will have them. I'm about 30 miles from Sparta. PM me if you are interested :)

Found a home for a few Roos, kinda peeved about the new city changes- but life goes on. Kiddo has been sick and is going thru withdrawals from seizure meds. Sat out watching the chicks for some stress-relief, and had to laugh at the sad attempts to crow by my bigger roo. Sounds like a sneeze

I had a pretty neat thing happen today.
I decided it was about time to start letting my 6 week old chicks start ranging the yard. I went out this morning and let them go and they spread out pretty good. I kept going out to check on them and each time they were covering more and more ground. The last time I went out there, I found a ring I've been missing for two years! One of the chicks found it and brought it back to the coop.
It is a titanium wedding band that spins like a bearing. My wife gave it to me for our 5th anniversary, and I used to wear it alternately with my original plain gold band. It was a little too big for my finger, and if my hands got dusty it would slide off my finger. I lost it one day while I was cleaning out the coop and redoing the straw. It could've been anywhere on that side of my yard. And I'd written it off since I had most of my land excavated while cleaning up after the house fire. Whoever found it laid it down right where I feed and water them. I got it all cleaned up and it's good as new now. And thanks to me getting fat, it fits better now!
big_smile.png

I had a pretty neat thing happen today.
I decided it was about time to start letting my 6 week old chicks start ranging the yard. I went out this morning and let them go and they spread out pretty good. I kept going out to check on them and each time they were covering more and more ground. The last time I went out there, I found a ring I've been missing for two years! One of the chicks found it and brought it back to the coop.
It is a titanium wedding band that spins like a bearing. My wife gave it to me for our 5th anniversary, and I used to wear it alternately with my original plain gold band. It was a little too big for my finger, and if my hands got dusty it would slide off my finger. I lost it one day while I was cleaning out the coop and redoing the straw. It could've been anywhere on that side of my yard. And I'd written it off since I had most of my land excavated while cleaning up after the house fire. Whoever found it laid it down right where I feed and water them. I got it all cleaned up and it's good as new now. And thanks to me getting fat, it fits better now!
big_smile.png

WOW! That really is amazing! Do you like those chicks better now? LOL

WOW! That really is amazing! Do you like those chicks better now? LOL

LOL! ... YES!
Actually, I was growing quite fond of them anyway, but that put it over the top.
One of the little rhodebar roos has decided he's gonna be the dominant one, and I've had the best time watching him put the other roos in their place.

Back
Top Bottom