The Middle Tennessee Thread

In the bator it is dangling from the top down about 8 inches.... but still centered on the top.  In the hatcher I have 3 drawers and I have it under the middle drawer.  you need to figure out where it get an accurate temp at.  In my old hatcher it was on the top center too.  I usually keep 2 thermometers in each just so I know it is working right.

Thanks, Donna!:hugs :bow

Last edited:
We are raising 3 week old sbel, hatched here and 5 week old australorpes, from Tractor supply, they are quarantine from each other. But,the 4 Aussies have flown their tub, I need to move them to the big 3 level brooder. The question is 2 weeks a long enough q? and since the 2 breeds are the same size now, can they be mixed when the quarantine is over? If I need to continue the Q, I will have to construct a screened lid.

Last edited:
We are raising 3 week old sbel and 5 week old australorpes, they are quarantine from each other. But,the 4 Aussies have flown their tub, I need to move them to the big 3 level brooder. The question is 2 weeks a long enough q? and since the 2 breeds are the same size now, can they be mixed when the quarantine is over? If I need to continue the Q, I will have to construct a screened lid.

I got some babies (17 of them) several weeks ago. They were anywhere between 2weeks old and 2-3 days old when I got them and they do just fine.

Also, I had five 6-week-old chicks and three 10-wk-old chicks and merged them out of necessity and they did just fine. They are now 14 and 18 wks and are doing fine in a 4'x4' coop (turned out during the day). They do stay in their original "groups", but they mingle peacefully.

P.S. I saw you on the "poop" thread....I got 120# PDZ in the truck that needs unloading. I can't wait to get that stuff down. Are you still using it, liking it?

Back
Top Bottom