The Middle Tennessee Thread

Welcome! We started off with 4 chicks....now have 6 and are in the process of building the coop. Ours is 6x6.....still not completed yet, but it's been a fun ride so far.....enjoy!

Ahhhhh. Well then I guess chicks it will be. Do you have an recommendations on types and quantity? 8x8 coop with run

My coop is 8x8 also and it houses my 8….I did have 10 but hawks got 2 of them….I am now in the process of getting a run attached.
I like variety so I have one of each breed I like. I researched them for heat and cold tolerance and breeds that are friendly….I recommend Orphingtons, Dominiques, RIR, Marans, Wyandotts, Olive Egger (although she's not very friendly but I do love her green eggs) and threw in a Silkie just because I love them.
Good luck and welcome to the thread….keep us updated on your coop and your choice of chicks.

I'm in Tullahoma. And I'm looking for reg. production no preference in egg color

Welcome to the Middle Tn thread
welcome-byc.gif
we are all chicken enablers here...I also have the list of breeders in my signature. It's all in what your preference is there is so many to pick from.

I have bielefelders. Have not sold any yet. I have not hatched any for me yet LOL. They are laying well so it will not be long.
Good to hear! I have 4 pullets they will be a year in July and are wonderful layers and just a nice all around chicken!. I'm picking up a rooster Monday to go with them but would love to go ahead and start another unrelated flock. If you ever sell any birds or chicks please message me. If your in the Nashville area then we are only an hour or so apart I'm in Lynchburg.

Welcome! And I agree with DMRippy, bators are dangerou s! And addicting, lol... types of chickens depends on what you want them for...

Oh my are they, I have 7 more turkey eggs to hatch. So far out of 12 first eggs 10 hatched but 2 of them died. So I have 8 live poults and 8 more eggs to go. Then I will start hatching chickens again. It never ends. I am thinking how to break it to hubby I want a cabinet incubator.

Oh my are they, I have 7 more turkey eggs to hatch.  So far out of 12 first eggs 10 hatched but 2 of them died.  So I have 8 live poults and 8 more eggs to go.  Then I will start hatching chickens again.  It never ends.  I am thinking how to break it to hubby I want a cabinet incubator.

Mine got me a Leahy for Christmas, lol... :D

Back
Top Bottom