The Middle Tennessee Thread

I was wondering if someone in Sparta or Cookeville had any bantams they wanted to sale. I am looking to raise some for the fair. If you are not in the sparta cookeville area, and if you could meet at maybe 111 flea market that would work to. Just let me know. Thanks.
@Raven1 Has Silkies.... she works in Sparta.

Listening to Sirius radio today ….Jenny McCarthy was talking about how she got her son some "chicks" and until they get a coop they are in his room. Then goes on to say he now has the flu and since they live in Chicago she's thinking he got the avian flu that has broken out there from his chicks…….some people are just freaking nuts. Then she goes on to say maybe she should turn on the heat lamp and make nuggets out of them. I guess they give any idiot a radio show nowadays….needless to say I turned it off and will NEVER turn it on again.
I mean for crying out loud !!!!!

Here is our lady's!!

Greetings from Canada.

I wonder how you made out with your incubator.
Did it work?
The incubator is a no name from China. It works well but all depends on where you bought it.
We sell similar ones here in our Canadian On line store.
Big seller up here. We also mentor folks who are anxious about the hatch.
I have 50 years experience and it is a shame that so many have questions to ask but find few places to get honest help for free.
You can read up on us at www.svendirect.com.

Leslie

Alright y'all! It's hatch day! My first time and I'm so excited! It's like Christmas! 17 BBS Ameraucana, 8 Dominique, and 3 Dominique/ Swedish Flower Hen crosses made it to lockdown! The Dom and Dom crosses came in the mail too with only one that wasn't viable!

So as of lockdown I quickly realized my LG humidity gauge is broken, bc I added wet paper towels to my channels and then enough water on top of that to fog my windows 1/3 of the way and the gauge still read under 40%. So after research I assumed I had turned my humidity way high trying to get it there. So surely I had killed them. I didn't want to open the bator during lockdown so I was just going with it and hoping for the best. I chose dry incubation, so maybe it would turn out ok.

As of yesterday, Day 20, no peeps or pips, internal or external. So I thought..temp was probably lower than reading and they'll come late and squishy if at all.

Wake up this morning,1 whole Ameraucana chick popped out of its shell!!!! Another Ameraucana pipping! I must be doing something right! Yay!

Alright y'all! It's hatch day! My first time and I'm so excited! It's like Christmas! 17 BBS Ameraucana, 8 Dominique, and 3 Dominique/ Swedish Flower Hen crosses made it to lockdown! The Dom and Dom crosses came in the mail too with only one that wasn't viable!

So as of lockdown I quickly realized my LG humidity gauge is broken, bc I added wet paper towels to my channels and then enough water on top of that to fog my windows 1/3 of the way and the gauge still read under 40%. So after research I assumed I had turned my humidity way high trying to get it there. So surely I had killed them. I didn't want to open the bator during lockdown so I was just going with it and hoping for the best. I chose dry incubation, so maybe it would turn out ok.

As of yesterday, Day 20, no peeps or pips, internal or external. So I thought..temp was probably lower than reading and they'll come late and squishy if at all.

Wake up this morning,1 whole Ameraucana chick popped out of its shell!!!! Another Ameraucana pipping! I must be doing something right! Yay!

I don't think during lockdown you can get the humidity too high. They will be fine as long as it is not too hot. I dry incubate and I can't usually get the humidity up over 40% till they start hatching.... even with 2 vaporizers going.

Back
Top Bottom