The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi all,

I'm in Hickman county, and we have a broody hen who is determined to hatch some chicks this fall. Is there anyone nearby who would sell us a few hatching eggs? We are looking for pure bred eggs. We currently have barred rocks, but would consider other heritage breeds as well.

Thanks!

@
Hi all,

I'm in Hickman county, and we have a broody hen who is determined to hatch some chicks this fall. Is there anyone nearby who would sell us a few hatching eggs? We are looking for pure bred eggs. We currently have barred rocks, but would consider other heritage breeds as well.

Thanks!

@ravynfallen has pure BBS Ameraucana she raises. Not sure if she has eggs right now, but if your willing to go to Columbia, she could maybe get you some. Her birds are gorgeous.

@
@ravynfallen has pure BBS Ameraucana she raises. Not sure if she has eggs right now, but if your willing to go to Columbia, she could maybe get you some. Her birds are gorgeous.

Thanks, hon... but I only have Lavender and Black Split Am's now, lol... and everyone is still molting right now so fertility is awful... :(

Thanks, hon... but I only have Lavender and Black Split Am's now, lol... and everyone is still molting right now so fertility is awful... :(

Do you know of anyone east of Nashville who has Lavs and Black splits? I have a project cockerel I need to find a home for....he's a hookless-feathered Am, black split, but he has red/gold leakage on him. I have several hatch mates, but I'm not real sure what they all are. They are about 20 weeks old. I know I have at least 2 cockerels---one lav and one black split. They need to be crossed back to smooth-feathered Ams occaisionally for vigor.

I will be looking for a couple high-quality black pullets in the spring to put in with the Lavender silkied cockerel.

They are strange birds....

Back
Top Bottom