The Middle Tennessee Thread

I am just considering it to ship eggs over state lines, and maybe chicks to some nearby states. Nearby states only. I've heard horror stories but got my bantam Orpingtons from Brandi McGovern in Louisiana with no losses. She sent more than I ordered and the "packing peanuts" survived. In fact, they were thriving. I have an interested buyer for chicks I have for sale. She is in TX. And several others lined up for Spring. But eww. Federal inspectors?

[COLOR=333333]Sorry, I'm new to the thread and forum and havn't been able to find the beginning of this conversation.  Under what circumstances is the testing required in TN?[/COLOR]
As far as I know in Tennessee certification is only required for shipping live birds or chicks across state lines. I think if your shipping eggs you don't have to be certified. I know you don't if your selling live birds in state.

I am just considering it to ship eggs over state lines, and maybe chicks to some nearby states. Nearby states only. I've heard horror stories but got my bantam Orpingtons from Brandi McGovern in Louisiana with no losses. She sent more than I ordered and the "packing peanuts" survived. In fact, they were thriving. I have an interested buyer for chicks I have for sale. She is in TX. And several others lined up for Spring. But eww. Federal inspectors?
When is your appointment? I am about to chicken
D.gif
out.

Back
Top Bottom