The Middle Tennessee Thread

Does anyone know of local hatcheries that might have some started pullets or juvenile chicks for sale near or north of the Nashville area? I'm not exactly set up to start with day old babies yet......
Several years ago I bought some started pullets from Poultry Hollow, they are located in Carthage TN. About an hour east of Nashville.
http://poultryhollow.org/

New to Tennessee (moved here a year ago) and new to turkeys. I know that my bantams and large chickens can raise chicks here during the winter with the assistance of a heat lamp on the colder days. How about turkeys??
AAAturkey on nest.jpg
I have a turkey hen hatching poults tonight (I hope) and another has a nearly full clutch of eggs and should be brooding soon.

I have LOTS of pullets laying or near point of lay. I have some Olive Eggers that are laying a great dark olive egg. I am in North Nashville/Ashland City/Joelton area. I have several adds on CL if you want to see some pics. Or you can message me. I have the Olive Eggers and several different types of Leghorns and White Rocks maybe a few Marans.

Thanks Ravyncroft and Johns39!
I’m sure I probably have a few pullets I can part with. Also several cockerels. I mainly have green egg layers right now.
@rjohns39 how are your lucious organic turkeys doing? Did they all go to Thanksgiving tables or do you still have a few?@Ravynscroft , your Christmas present is in the final stages. Hope to be visiting you soon!

Thanks Ravyncroft and Johns39!
I’m sure I probably have a few pullets I can part with. Also several cockerels. I mainly have green egg layers right now.
@rjohns39 how are your lucious organic turkeys doing? Did they all go to Thanksgiving tables or do you still have a few?@Ravynscroft , your Christmas present is in the final stages. Hope to be visiting you soon!
I still have a few.

Back
Top Bottom