The Middle Tennessee Thread

In my not so frequent flea market selling trip today. Which didn't go so well , I met a lady looking for some Coucou de Rennes chickens, and of course I didn't even know there was such a chicken . Thank the lord for google .:lau Anyhow if anyone knows of someone in middle Tn. that has those, I have her email address . I didn't ask how many she was looking for . I do know she is in the Bellbuckle area . I get asked all the time for heritage road island reds. If anyone has or knows where to find some or hatching eggs . Let me know . I'm so tired of shipped eggs not hatching . :barnieI want to be able to drive to get them .

I gave up trying to find non-industrial RIRs, that's why I went with the RIWs.

There's a breeder listed in KY at the livestock conservancy. You can enter your zip code and the distance you're willing to drive and they'll show what they have listed.

ETA: You can also check with SPN, but I don't think there are any farms near us...

I gave up trying to find non-industrial RIRs, that's why I went with the RIWs.

There's a breeder listed in KY at the livestock conservancy. You can enter your zip code and the distance you're willing to drive and they'll show what they have listed.

ETA: You can also check with SPN, but I don't think there are any farms near us...
@rjohns39 thank you I know what you mean about RIRs I found some in Arkansas that look promising but I want to go there and see . So far I've been disappointed at every turn . But I'll keep looking .

:frow howdy .You get up with the chickens don't you :lau Lots of BYCers in the mid state area . So what kind of chickens do you raise ?

Yup yup! Every morning at 5:30am to let them out of their coop. :barnie LOL! I have Black Australorps and Jersey Giants. I am a newbie to raising chickens so I started off small with only 6. I already want more. :lau And we're thinking about getting ducks. And I want goats as well. The ducks and goats will probably be next yr, along with more chickens. I can't wait! :celebrate
IMG_3005.JPG
IMG_2983.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG

Just a few pics of my cuties.They don't like to pose very well. :love
How about you? What kind/kinds do you raise?

Back
Top Bottom