The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hello. I hope every one is doing well, and staying dry (I'm sure not!). I have ten racing homers for sale. I have not flown them past 80 miles, but the blood is proven 600 miles. I am happy to help anyone get started with all the advice they need. I am in Columbia Tn, if interested, please PM me. :) if you have questions about their care or anything, just ask. :)

https://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/d/columbia-racing-homing-pigeons/7188639825.html

Hello all from middle TN. I'm in Fentress County. Where are you?? I am very new to this adventure I am embarking on so I will have a few questions from time to time.

My first is: I have acquired 13 2wk old chicks and they seem to have outgrown their "lg tote" already, how much room do they need and what should be the next "size" brooder before going out to the coop?? Thanks in advance.

Hello all from middle TN. I'm in Fentress County. Where are you?? I am very new to this adventure I am embarking on so I will have a few questions from time to time.

My first is: I have acquired 13 2wk old chicks and they seem to have outgrown their "lg tote" already, how much room do they need and what should be the next "size" brooder before going out to the coop?? Thanks in advance.
:frow Hi there and welcome. I'm in Smith County.

You can get away with a half a square foot per bird for the first 3 weeks or so depending on the breed, but a foot is better and would give you more time before they have to go to their coop.

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but have had chickens off and on for several years. I'm in Fentress County, and starting a new flock after being without chickens for about a year. I've got 3 week old EEs and BLRWs, just hatchery chicks, but I'm especially excited to learn about the BLRWs as it's a new breed for me. So happy to have people to talk chickens with!

Hi, I'm Fentress County, too. Also new here, wishing you good luck with your new chicks!

Hi, I'm Fentress County, too. Also new here, wishing you good luck with your new chicks!
Thanks and you as well!!. Can wait to hear all about your new adventures. Where are in the county? I amin the north end (
JT. I have a bakers dozen from TSC. Asian Blacks (?), Production Red (?), Barred Rocks, wyndotts. They seem nice and healthy :fl
I am going to make the coop nice and cozy so there can grow up a lot less crowded. Then I'll wean them off the heat.

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but have had chickens off and on for several years. I'm in Fentress County, and starting a new flock after being without chickens for about a year. I've got 3 week old EEs and BLRWs, just hatchery chicks, but I'm especially excited to learn about the BLRWs as it's a new breed for me. So happy to have people to talk chickens with!
:frow Hi there and welcome

Thanks and
Thanks and you as well!!. Can wait to hear all about your new adventures. Where are in the county? I amin the north end (
JT. I have a bakers dozen from TSC. Asian Blacks (?), Production Red (?), Barred Rocks, wyndotts. They seem nice and healthy :fl
I am going to make the coop nice and cozy so there can grow up a lot less crowded. Then I'll wean them off the heat.
I'm in the south end of the county, Banner Springs area.

Back
Top Bottom