The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote:
2.50-13 bucks per bird. Depending on age. And I know where it is but I was wondering people veiws on the place.

Search this site, in the recent past someone had some pretty negative things about it. Seems the conditions there had the person pretty upset. I really can't remember what all was said though, sorry.

I had some of those posts..been there won't go back.He has hatchery prices and hatchery quality.Not a place for the novice to go but experience is helpful.He stays in business praying on the innocent and those just needing back yard birds cheap.

I got a some chicks from Poultry Hollow - and I thought the place was very nice. The people were friendly and the chickens all looked healthy and well-kept. I read the negative posts here before I went but I read an equal number of positive posts. I wanted to see it for myself. My experience was positive.

My purpose in going to Poultry Hollow was to get a few chicks to replace some that I lost. I wanted some good layers - not any fancy breeds. I knew what I wanted - and I was pleased with the chicks I got. PH was a fairly short drive away - and I preferred that to ordering from a hatchery and having the chicks shipped to me. I probably won't buy from them again - not because there was anything I dislike but because I've got my base layer flock now and the should be self-sustaining.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with cheap backyard birds! It is a hobby for most of us after all and the birds don't know they aren't expensive "Show Quality" . Not everyone can afford to pay the amounts some people ask for show stock. But with backyard breeders it means everyone can afford a few for their hobby and fun.

My post had to do with conditions, not quality. Birds not kept in good conditions are potential time bombs for an existing flock. It is something to pay attention to even more than whether they are show or hatchery quality.

I didn't say there was either...I love my layers and they are cheap layers.PH is fine for those birds but like I said hatchery quality at hatcherey price don't expect more and know your breeds and you will be fine.As for conditions there..that must depend on when you go and who your asking..a country animal owner or like one's we have had show up wearing white and ask me if they will poop on you...his are not pampered.

Quote:
LOL, seriously???? A good day here is when I don't get any on my face. Pretty much gets on everything else!

That just tickles me to death, thinking about "clean people." Haw! I don't think I have spent a day in my life without some sort of critter hair/gunk on me somewhere. Can't imagine life without it!
lol.png

Thanks for that, Holly! . . . uh, wait, what's that floating in my coffee??

Back
Top Bottom