The Middle Tennessee Thread

Ok, first this was my first show... not quite what I expected. Maybe the weather reports scared some off. Not near as many vendors as I would have thought. I also expected more show chickens. LOTS of bantams... not my thing. Some pigeons and ducks and geese. Did not get to see 3 rows of LF including the Marans because they were judging
hit.gif
I did not see ANY Ameraucanas at all, odd. We got there early so I know that was not the problem. Just didn't live up to the hype. I was told it would be overwhelming.... NOT.

Now, after saying all that, we are planning to go back next year. Hubby was really impressed with the variety of colors and breeds. He really liked the bantams, they are really cute
wink.png

I came home with 2 doz German NH hatching eggs and 4 chicks, 2 Good Shepard BR Roos 1 1/2 months, 1 Ameraucana roo, a Doz Golden Cuckoo hatching eggs, Blue Rock eggs, Partridge Rock eggs, Blue Wheaten eggs...... And a TON of eggs I took that I didn't get to sell.... anyone interested? PM if you are.

Tomorrow I will probably load the new bator up and I sure can't handle hatching all these eggs I have, I don't have brooders for them all
he.gif

Did I tell y'all that I sold 13 ROOS before we left
celebrate.gif
So now I have some room to breath.

I saw a White Marans roo in the parking lot that didn't make it in the show. There were lots of people there with Marans, for sale and eggs. Brahmas were all over for sale too. Very pretty and HUGE. Some SLW for sale. Again LOTS of bantams for sale.

The one thing that really struck me was the size of some of the roos in the show..... MASSIVE, Cochins?, JG, WR, Orphingtons.... JUST HUGE...... Dang never thought about those being that big and the Brahmas were the size of my 3 year old
ep.gif

I did not get to take many pics. My son was melting down the whole time really. Hard to enjoy it under those conditions. We kinda rushed through, meet everyone I was going to do swaps with so it was all ok in the end.

Going where? The meet-up? Newnan? Either one - can't go. :)

I thought you were going to Newnan.... You said you were going to GA

The meet up is just a meet up I think for lunch to meet each other. Might turn into a chicken swap, but I think really a meet and greet. Wish you would come.

I had forgotten I had said that. Old age - what can I say? This weekend is my mother's birthday, and I had planned to go to Georgia for the weekend to visit her. However, I got this crud and I figured no one wanted me there spreading my germs around.

If yall ever plan on meeting up near Nashville I could make a trip up there (when I'm off work) to see a close friend of mine, as well as meet with some of you breeders. I'm a newbie but I'm open to learning as much as possible from experienced breeders.!

Sounds about right for a chicken show..they can be pretty boring..rabbit shows are much more interesting and fun
bun.gif
I know I have been to some of those great shows and said the same thing..what was so great.Gosh went to Crossroads and saw obvious dq's if your showing there you should know better.Then there are some real nice one's that are very nice but your at a show so they should be nice.
Jess won several things there today and I know she has Ameraucana's not sure if she took them but I would think that she would have since she has some real nice one's.

The sucky thing about this crud I have I don't have a cold or feel bad..just a cough to kill I don't wish it onto anyone..or know where I got it...other than I'm everywhere other than home.

Sold some buns today to make room for some of the new show buns we are keeping.It's so hard letting them go..just so sweet.One is leaving this coming week though that I'm happy for.He's going to become a visiting bunny for nursing homes..he adores everyone and loves being the center of attention so it's perfect for him.

Ok next Sunday how about Red Robin...I doubt we will have any cookies left to sell at tables so chances are I won't have to work and we can meet earlier.If I do it would be between 1 and 2 before we can get there.Donna I will grab you some more on Tues when we go get another van full.

I'm not getting baby chicks..I'm not getting baby chicks...where did you say there were baby chicks
lol.png
just kidding I know where to find them but I won't...until I hatch these 2 in the bator and set some more...or I see a cute one needing love at the feed store...or someone shows me a fluffy butt..It's true it is an addiction and I'm teetering over the edge of the wagon so WHY am I meeting with all of you guys next week..this is not good..not good at all
lau.gif

Evening folks! It is so nice to finally sit down and catch up on what's going on. Unfortunately I am too tired to reply about all the neat stuff you all are up to, LOL!

Welcome to our new folks, and thanks for posting photos of your birds! Very cool.

Yeah, the weather is putting our get-together on hold - - it's best to be safe when it is so iffy outside. Now all of you get healthy by next Sunday!

Oh, and let me know if anyone needs a bottle baby goat. Ahem.

Have a great weekend!

Okay - fill me in on what you do at a meet-up? Do you sell and/or swap chicks, eggs - just talk & eat or what? I don't need any more eggs or chicks, but I would love to meet everyone in person.

Carol...we just eat and chat unless you have plans to pick up or sell to someone while your there.It's not a swap type of thing.Just a bunch of crazy chicken/critter people all together for a bit enabling each other with great ideas.

Country-congrats on the roo

Chickenleg-Welcome.I'm sure we will do a get together closer to Nashville shortly.

Back
Top Bottom