The Middle Tennessee Thread

It was nice meeting you and thankfully we didn't have chicken for lunch...he's spunky
lol.png

Wayne did get a cuddle bunny he should really do well with him

Yea! They finnaly settled down. They was clucking and carrying on. Gave feed then gave treats. Left wm bee and went out and they are laying in sun now. Lol

That roo is a butthead! Lol. I was so embarrassed. :p

Yea, Crunchy just laid in his arma the whole time. He is a sweet bun. Such cool coloring to!

Just think though,now all those people that saw us tring to catch him has something to talk about now.hope you didn't know any of them
lol.png

He will settle down and he's a great flock protector

Donna- My goal is to be there between 9am and noon. I have a couple of dozen eggs for you that I'll toss (gently) in the car. Anytime through there is fine. I kind of need to scoot out by noon so I can head to Columbia to see family.

Can we meet Monday at lunch or when you get off or something? That will give me a couple of extra days to collect some more. I have at least 18 now but would like to have you more.... You want a little Lavender Split roo too? I only got one it seems out of the 2 mth olds. I moved 9 pullets outside and had only 3 roos
love.gif
I have 2 roos that are Leghorn EE crosses FREE if anyone wants them. Both have pea combs and are white so you could use them for your EE flock to add some production in there
wink.png
They have never been out of the brooder. I just don't need them and don't want to grow them up.

I will not be bringing any birds home with me no matter what!!
Maybe we can get feed next weekend? I will be ready then if you are.

Since everyone is full on feed can we wait till the end of the month? Sorry...
hide.gif
I don't really have many eating pullet grower.... how did that happen? I will double check the pullet grower...

Can we meet Monday at lunch or when you get off or something? That will give me a couple of extra days to collect some more. I have at least 18 now but would like to have you more.... You want a little Lavender Split roo too? I only got one it seems out of the 2 mth olds. I moved 9 pullets outside and had only 3 roos
love.gif
I have 2 roos that are Leghorn EE crosses FREE if anyone wants them. Both have pea combs and are white so you could use them for your EE flock to add some production in there
wink.png
They have never been out of the brooder. I just don't need them and don't want to grow them up.

I work in Nashville, so that's probably a hike for you. I usually get back to Murfreesboro by 7pm or so though. Would that work for you? Tuesday is probably better. My Monday is a little weird.

So far I've got two dozen eggs pulled. I wasn't sure about fertility of the marans eggs so I was saving tons for you. The good news is that the ones I have in the bator are hatching like crazy! Apparently the boy is doing his job just fine. Hehe! I set 24 eggs. 14 are out with 5 more pipped and technically tomorrow is due day. Whoohoo!! Half of them are ameraucanas, but the EEs are coming out big and fat. So far all of them are black, but it is hard to tell when they are fuzzy. Daddy in that pen is a big, black AM and I have found that his genes seem to dominate. I am so pleased that daddy is doing the deed. :)

I don't think I need a roo right now. I'm sure I'll hatch at least one out from what I get from you. At some point this summer I want to build another large pen. Right now though I am full up on roosters. If it helps, the co-op is doing a Trade Day Saturday once a month through June. They said that roosters sell really, really well. Save him and bring him next month. Perhaps someone will buy him from you.

I work in Nashville, so that's probably a hike for you. I usually get back to Murfreesboro by 7pm or so though. Would that work for you? Tuesday is probably better. My Monday is a little weird.

So far I've got two dozen eggs pulled. I wasn't sure about fertility of the marans eggs so I was saving tons for you. The good news is that the ones I have in the bator are hatching like crazy! Apparently the boy is doing his job just fine. Hehe! I set 24 eggs. 14 are out with 5 more pipped and technically tomorrow is due day. Whoohoo!! Half of them are ameraucanas, but the EEs are coming out big and fat. So far all of them are black, but it is hard to tell when they are fuzzy. Daddy in that pen is a big, black AM and I have found that his genes seem to dominate. I am so pleased that daddy is doing the deed. :)

I don't think I need a roo right now. I'm sure I'll hatch at least one out from what I get from you. At some point this summer I want to build another large pen. Right now though I am full up on roosters. If it helps, the co-op is doing a Trade Day Saturday once a month through June. They said that roosters sell really, really well. Save him and bring him next month. Perhaps someone will buy him from you.

I live in East Nashville so not a hike to your work. Just let me know what time works best. I will put him on CL... someone may want a cheap little Pure Am Roo that is split for lavender...

The only little roos I want for awhile are my 2 good shepherd barred rocks.

My neighbor just came down to tell me that her little dog is missing. She let it out and it has vanished. This is the same stupid dog that she lets out all the time and who delights in coming down to my yard to race around my chicken coops tormenting my chickens and making my dogs crazy. The lady sees no problems with this scenario. I had already planned on catching it next time it did it when I was home. While I can't shoot a dog I will happily take it to the pound a county away. It looks like I won't have to now. Am I a bad person for not having any sympathy for this idiot lady? I did point out to her that the farmer next door shoots dogs in his pasture. Letting dogs out to run is a bad idea. Put it in the fenced yard. Get a tie out. Get a leash and walk it. Put it on a run. Just don't let it out to run wild. Stupid dog. Stupid lady.
somad.gif

I don't see you as a bad person for thinking like this, to tell you truth I would of shot the dog after the 3rd time it got near my chickens! -.- people need to learn to control their animals

My neighbor just came down to tell me that her little dog is missing. She let it out and it has vanished. This is the same stupid dog that she lets out all the time and who delights in coming down to my yard to race around my chicken coops tormenting my chickens and making my dogs crazy. The lady sees no problems with this scenario. I had already planned on catching it next time it did it when I was home. While I can't shoot a dog I will happily take it to the pound a county away. It looks like I won't have to now. Am I a bad person for not having any sympathy for this idiot lady? I did point out to her that the farmer next door shoots dogs in his pasture. Letting dogs out to run is a bad idea. Put it in the fenced yard. Get a tie out. Get a leash and walk it. Put it on a run. Just don't let it out to run wild. Stupid dog. Stupid lady.
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom