The Middle Tennessee Thread

Anne,
It was great to see you Saturday. Wished there had been more of a turnout. Did you do really well after we left?

About the lady and the dog. I feel sorry that the dog wasn't trained or cared for better and you would have been doing animal kingdom a favor and shot the lady. No need to feel bad. At our house, dropped off dog or cat shows up, if it comes to me with come here sweet puppy, or here kitty, kitty...rehomed at the local shelter. Run, growl, or attack my livestock...shoot, shovel, and shut up. I had a soft heart and got dead poultry. It didn't take me long to learn and it was an expensive lesson as it was in the silkie pen having a grand time.

Becky,
Finally got to put a name and face with your screen name. It was a pleasure to meet you. My DH loves the roosters btw...yum yum.

Thank you Lori it was a pleasure to meet you and Anne both! Your husband is very nice also, and I am glad he liked the roos. You know I always have more just like them growing out
tongue2.gif

Seriously if you have a source to get some good out of the roos we need to talk next time I have a big batch.
I am not a big Silkie lover but you and Anne have beautiful birds if you only brought your culls I guess I would have been in trouble if you had brought the good ones!!
I should have a better selection next month I could have sold a 100 pullets I think. That guy next to me with a thousand birds crammed into little cages did wonders for my birds by comparison. I will bring a chair and umbrella next time too, my face was sunburned!

Lori- Nah, I didn't sell a darn thing. I did go down and talk to the guy with the goats. Turns out he is the local 4H coordinator. Super nice guy. His son wants silkies to show so we may hook up later with some of my good birds.

The dog in question is a little yappy jack russell. I must admit it is as cute as it can be. It's just stupid. And friendly. Thus the "haul it to the pound a county away". The dog is just doing what dogs do. It's totally this idiot lady's fault for not putting it on a leash. I can only hope that it was picked up by some nice people at the ball field and taken home to a better life. I'm sure this lady will end up getting another dog though.
roll.png

Becky- It was great fun meeting you! Always great to put names and faces to BYC names.
smile.png

Maybe you should just shoot the lady instead?
lau.gif
(sorry for my bad sense of humor)

Lori- Nah, I didn't sell a darn thing. I did go down and talk to the guy with the goats. Turns out he is the local 4H coordinator. Super nice guy. His son wants silkies to show so we may hook up later with some of my good birds.

The dog in question is a little yappy jack russell. I must admit it is as cute as it can be. It's just stupid. And friendly. Thus the "haul it to the pound a county away". The dog is just doing what dogs do. It's totally this idiot lady's fault for not putting it on a leash. I can only hope that it was picked up by some nice people at the ball field and taken home to a better life. I'm sure this lady will end up getting another dog though.
roll.png

Becky- It was great fun meeting you! Always great to put names and faces to BYC names.
smile.png

Becky,
I felt sorry for those poor birds and the conditions they are in. No shade and I didn't see any water. I took the van for a reason as I open the back door it generates quite a bit of shade. I still got too much sun but such is life. I wished you had said something, I had chairs and umbrellas in the van. Thanks for the compliments on the boys. Yes, DH always has a source of chicken consumers. Let me know when you are ready to sell again. They like LF so the bantams at the house are never on the radar. Thanks for the suggestion by the way. Where did you say to advertise? Also how did you spell the name?

Anne,
Hope the pup went some where better. Have you ever noticed that the people that don't need pets have a ton of them? I still have a guard dog..hint, hint, wink...at the house. He is going to be spending some time at the chicken tractors starting next week, actually both pups are so they can get some poultry experience. A lone muscovy duck has appeared out of no where and insists on being in the goat pen. Chuy is not a good poultry dog but he hasn't succeeded in doing anything. There may be hope for him yet in regards to being closer to the house instead of the far field.

ChickenLeg,
You aren't thinking anything that a bunch of us haven't already. Fault usually lies with the owner.

Traveling from California to Nashville right now on business (wi-fi on airplane!) and will be in Nashville till thursday. When I travel I love to see other parts of the areas instead of just downtown where i am staying.

I'd love to possibly visit someones ranch if possible that breeds poultry. My website in CA is www.TheOmeletRanch.com and we breed mainly rare & heritage breeds. I'd also maybe like to take home some hatching eggs (done this many times in my luggage with success!)

I would put them on Craig's List and/or LSN and make a reference to "Black Chicken". Apparently I was being had by the Asian guy who said it was "Gooey Duck" because when I Googled that it's a clam! (a rather provocative one)
Black Chicken Soup is a traditional Chinese dish supposed to have medicinal properties but doesn't all chicken soup?
""Gà ác", which literally translates to "cruel chicken" is black chicken." -This from a web page
I sold mine very very fast at the flea mkt. in Lebanon only $10.00 to set up!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom