The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

I am just glad that have a place to go and plenty of space to do their thing and out of the little small part of my pen I have them locked up in. They are so unhappy

That's great Donna , The Brazilians are cool looking ducks and a friend of mine said easy to care for. Good luck with them.
smile.png

yep, they are easy to keep, mine were similar to keeping ring teal. Always had so many every year you bout had to give them away, actually did one year, had 50 or so of them from 3 pairs. You'll like them I'm sure, not the brightest colored duck, but who doesnt love a teal of any kind.

OK i cannot decide what kind of onamental duck i want. so will you plesaes state a duck that is a good beginner duck or ones of your preference...

thanks!!!!!

Quote:
No get birds, you'll pay for set of 6 what a yearling pair cost, with eggs they ship poorly, are difficult to hatch even for fresh eggs at your famr if you are new to it, and basically you may not even get a single bird out of it. Plus you have to trust the breed that they are fertile and what you ordered. I would recommend yearlings for sure

as for species to pic, mandarins, wood duck, ring teal all are easy to start with

Quote:
Mandarins for sure!!
They are easy to raise and you don't need a permit.

Last breeding season I had Mandarins, Wood Ducks, Greenwing Teal and Ring Teal.
I ended up with 5 Mandarin babies, 1 Wood duck and I would have had 3 Ring teal.

Go with the Mandarins in either the Regualr or White..

I livke ring teal too though because of the noises they make.. Sound like a cat

Back
Top Bottom