The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

Quote:
My dad still hasn't figured out that it isn't a cat making the noise. and i just want to see how long it takes... hehe
lol.png

Last edited:
This news just made my day! I decided to lay off on the waterfowl wanting for a bit. Then today someone asked me about wanting some. so basically, I told my dad I didn't even bring them up and someone wanted some, think about if I tried to sell them. So then he asked questions, like how much Space.I told him 10x10 for a pair. He said has not too bad. He told me, he isn't saying no now, but he isn't saying yes either.O, and I'm talkin bout a pair of mandarins.

I found out why he's skeptical( I think)
1. Our experience with ducks is pekins. Big dirty and a LOT of messes.(I know all ducks are messy tho.) the mandarins are a little bit bigger than the call we have, so it's less mess I've told him. He is not a duck person.
2. He wants to bring in some money to offset some costs, so he wants something to breed and sell, and doesn't want to buy a bunch of new birds.
This is lookin really good since I have enough money to buy the fencing, and he is somewhat interested now.

Quote:
Thanks!! I take massive amounts of pictures of my birds and I figured it was way easier to most them that way.. lol
about to post some pictures from a few years ago!! lol

We were Mallard Crazy then..

speaking of, I need someone i can get lots of Mallards.. Hens only.. either day old or grown.. Would be cheaper to ship younger birds but our ratio of hens to drakes on our paond is like 1:20.. not good

Ok.. thoughts.. I have to stay off that other website and stop buying birds..lol

Smew? Should I get some of those... found some breeders from a good breeder... but I have to act fast..
Can I put them in with Hoodies?

Also Baikal Teal but I think I am going to wait till our oldd pen is transformed to the brood house and put them in there so they can have extra light.. so next year...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom