The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

Some wild Shovelers came in so I captured them and got them to be more calm around humans, Set them free about a week later and they've been here for about 4-6 months. I successfully hatched one of their eggs and I have one that's pipping. Just wanted to know if anyone has any also. And I have one wild gadwall that has a dislocated hip, but never gets close enough to capture

Some wild Shovelers came in so I captured them and got them to be more calm around humans, Set them free about a week later and they've been here for about 4-6 months. I successfully hatched one of their eggs and I have one that's pipping. Just wanted to know if anyone has any also. And I have one wild gadwall that has a dislocated hip, but never gets close enough to capture

I have Shovelers legally.

But catching them is illegal or taking their eggs is also illegal.

yes MCraft
If I were you I would delete that post quickly. It is illegal and you fessed up to it on a public forum. There are game officials on this site that look for stuff like this, and you can be heavily fined for taking any bird from the wild, they are Federally protected by law. Great that you enjoy them, just trying to keep you out of trouble is all...
Also see you have shoveler and gadwall listed as your breeds in your signature line. Best remove that too unless you have the 3-186 federal possession permits from a licensed breeder that come with them of they will confiscate them

Last edited:
Does anyone have any NA pintails they could sell and ship for under $100 to Delaware? i am looking for a pair but have a limited budget as i am 14 thanks for looking!

I dont yet, got some starting to nest. Somebody may have some for you though. You'll be border line on the price. should be able to get 'em in for about that. Box and shipping fees is what will kill you, you'll have as much in that as the birds cost, some times more. The pair should be $55- $75 on average, shipping will be $45ish and the box is usually about $15 for a pair sized box, so it'll be tight.
Google GBWF
There is a for sale section on it where just waterfowl and pheasant people advertise. You'll have much better luck on there finding some I'd think, unless Kangababy on this thread has any left??

Back
Top Bottom