The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

These little guys are solid yellow....no pattern on them at all. Their feet and bills are solid pink and the eyes are red colored.

Pics please...
big_smile.png

Quote:
yes if they arent normal brown /black and yellow mix they are most likely whites. Often people have splits and dont even know it now a days . They have become very popular any more, so it has to be that, as long as that's all the possiblities in the pen. Though none should be just yellow unless they are white. Woo duck and mandarins to an untrained eye look identical pretty much, subtule little differences, but over all color is the same, so would have to be a white mandarin too if they are in the pen as well.
That being said, some of your normal ones will be split too then.

Just wanted to share a few of my little bundles of joy..
bt on a sad note I lost another Whie Mandarin hen today anda hen bobwhite quail!

52664_play_and_babies_096.jpg

I am CUTE...
52664_play_and_babies_097.jpg

52664_play_and_babies_089.jpg

How happy they were swimming with mom before I had to swim after them.. Yes I shoudl have udes the video camera! Just picture my dad (52) chasing these fast little things with a net and me on the water in waders running.. as they dive! We got four of her babies out of 5, one died sometime during the day today and took the rest of the eggs from her nest that she had gotten off of because there were babies in them still moving so they are now in the incubator. We also had my hen who has been on eggs at least 5 weeks now hatch 4 out and about another 8 of her eggs had moving babies in them or were trying to break out. So we took all of her eggs and put them int he incubator hoping they will hatch out of the next few days. Sad thing, she went right back to sitting on an empty nest. Also today I checked my Barrow's Goldeneye eggs that are underneath the Silkie.. 2 of the 6 seem to have babied in them but I couldn't check the others

52664_play_and_babies_091.jpg

Last edited:
well yall posted all that before I saw the pics, yes 100% white wood duck
the normal one on the left by itself, what's that pink on it's right foot? Or is that just something laying on it?
Feet should be all dark on them and pink on the whites.
Looks black under it but just couldnt tell if that was a foot too there or not...

kanga love those hooded merganser babies. Freaky lookin little guys even at that age. Sure makes me miss them.
Stop loosing birds!!

apricots on the swimming wood duck babies?

Last edited:
Quote:
yes if they arent normal brown /black and yellow mix they are most likely whites. Often people have splits and dont even know it now a days . They have become very popular any more, so it has to be that, as long as that's all the possiblities in the pen. Though none should be just yellow unless they are white. Woo duck and mandarins to an untrained eye look identical pretty much, subtule little differences, but over all color is the same, so would have to be a white mandarin too if they are in the pen as well.
That being said, some of your normal ones will be split too then.

I am so going to have this problem..
Normal and White Mandarins in a Pen

Normal, White, Silver and Apricot Wood Ducks all together though my white drake and silver drake paired up so I know they didn't breed and one of my Mandarins and Silver hen Wood Ducks Mated up. I wish they would reproduce.

I have a mivture of wood ducks and mandarin babies... No clue which is which! I can't wait to learn though. And a few babies I have no clue what they are

That is a piece of cedar shaving that was stuck to one of them. These pics were taken just a few minutes after removing them from the nest. BTW, when I picked the parent birds up from the breeder, I remember seeing silver woodies and apricot woodies, but no other "mutated" birds....no white mandies or white woodies.

Back
Top Bottom