The Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl INFO Thread

frow.gif
Boggy Bottom you sure must have alot of times on your hands to have posted 5,474 post. What do you do sit at a computer on your butt
celebrate.gif
, oh the rib breakers. Aubrey you need to stop selling all those E-bay eggs and make a little room, your britches are getting to big for the seat of your pants buddy
roll.png
I bought 5 pr of Reg. Mandarin out of Fla. suppose to be here Mon or Tues.
big_smile.png
Roy is gone on a 4 1/2 hour one way LOL, trip for me today, he is gone to pick up my order for 3 pr. Wood ducks, 3 pr. of Reg. Mandarin, 1 Pr. of Green Wing teel, 1 pr of White Mandarin.
smack.gif
like I needed another mouth to feed around here lol. I had to go pick up a fellow 5 Wild Eastern Hen and 1 Gobler yrsterday, so I got me 2 Wild Eastern Hen to go with my pair and a pair of Royal palms
tongue2.gif
lol, I got a good bit of my money tide up until next week or so until people come pick up their feed eaters LOL and pay me, but then I am getting me
yesss.gif
a pr Barnacle from Mike and a few of his MB LOL,
barnie.gif
and when I get that I found a red crested drake, a green wing teal drake, a wood duck drake to replace the ones I lost due to I suppose natural death LOL,
hmm.png
and then I recant I am through buying for 2011
ep.gif
yeah I know it is 2012, but I was finishing up my wants for 2011, and when I get these I am going to start on my 2012 list LOL
clap.gif
well let me get up off here they should be back anytime here shortly they called at 4 pm from the guys house shouldn't have took them that long with hubby and son loading up my new babies LOL, I can't wait until they get here, going to be standing at the front door with my ear muffs, scarf, gloves and coat on ready to see them
celebrate.gif
no not hubby and son, LOL, but my duckie babies

Hi everyone, I am interested in getting Mandarin's and have found a pair. The question I have is about inbreeding. I know it is exceptable in some animals. Would a brother and sister make a breeding pair?

people do it all the time. Once or twice does no harm. Though it's always best to find unrelated mates. But think of folks with the large collection. There's no way to make sure mates dont pick siblings... so it happens, with no bad effects as long as it's just 1-2 generations.
When possible, it's better to take a sibling back to it's parent bird. They only share half the dna then, where sibling to sibling shares it all

people do it all the time. Once or twice does no harm. Though it's always best to find unrelated mates. But think of folks with the large collection. There's no way to make sure mates dont pick siblings... so it happens, with no bad effects as long as it's just 1-2 generations.
When possible, it's better to take a sibling back to it's parent bird. They only share half the dna then, where sibling to sibling shares it all

Thanks!

Lots of different kinds. I have kept calls with mine. Sometimes in a small pen the male call might try to breed with the others. But if you watch em and the calls are the last to be added it should be fine.

Lots of different kinds. I have kept calls with mine. Sometimes in a small pen the male call might try to breed with the others. But if you watch em and the calls are the last to be added it should be fine.

A breeding pair of mandarins need 100sq feet of ground space, how much do call ducks need?

Back
Top Bottom