The Moonshiner and friend's stories, legends and tall tales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were getting calls weekly from one farm or another. Telling me "my hens are feeling the need for Randy to stop by" or "our girls are needing some Randy time". Soon it was just shortened to "feeling Randy" and a new expression was born. His name even made the dictionary.
Randy continued burning the candle at both ends for many many more seasons. Putting out more and more chicks. If you have any RIRs, production hens, sex links or even mixes breeds I'd say its safe to say your flock has some Randy in it.
One day in the early fall I was down south delivering some chicks. A wagon was happening by when it broke an axle. In a strange twist of fate it was loaded with 1,000 laying hens. Of course Randy invited them into the barnyard and began doing what he did best. Now Randy was the king of reproduction but it was too many hens even for him.
As I made my way down the drive I saw a horrible site. Buzzards circling around down by the barn. With a sinking feeling I rounded the house and there he was.
I jjumped down and ran towards him.
Poor Randy laying flat on his back in a pool of sweat. I wasn't ready for this day. My best ever rooster, a dear friend, gone. Gone too early. Such a fool. He should of known better. No rooster could handle that many hens. What was he thinking. I fell to my knees and as I went to pick him up......
I couldn't believe it. An eye popped open as I heard him whisper as he pointed towards the buzzards.
Shhhhhh I think they're about to land.

rand·y
ˈrandē/

adjective
1. sexually aroused, excited Or lustful

Last edited:
We were getting calls weekly from one farm or another. Telling me "my hens are feeling the need for Randy to stop by" or "our girls are needing some Randy time". Soon it was just shortened to "feeling Randy" and a new expression was born. His name even made the dictionary.
Randy continued burning the candle at both ends for a couple more seasons. Putting out more and more chicks. If you have any RIRs, production hens, sex links or even mixes breeds I'd say its safe to say your flock has some Randy in it.
One day in the early fall I was down south delivering some chicks. A 18 wheeler was happening by when it broke down. In a strange twist of fate it was loaded with 1,000 laying hens. Of course Randy invited them into the barnyard and began doing what he did best. Now Randy was the king of reproduction but it was too many hens even for him.
As I made my way down the drive I saw a horrible site. Buzzards circling around down by the barn. With a sinking feeling I drove past the house and there he was.
I excitedfrom the truck before even getting it into park and ran towards him.
Poor Randy laying flat on his back in a pool of sweat. I wasn't ready for this day. My best ever rooster, a dear friend, gone. Gone too early. Such a fool. He should of known better. No rooster could handle that many hens. What was he thinking. I fell to my knees and as I went to pick him up......
I couldn't believe it. An eye popped open as I heard him whisper as he pointed towards the buzzards.
Shhhhhh I think they're about to land.

rand·y
ˈrandē/

adjective
1. sexually aroused, excited Or lustful
:lau :lau

fantastic.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom