The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
I got this model recently, it was very reliable, I got ten out of fifteen to hatch, and if there hadn’t been a humidity spike (a one time fluke) I may have had 2 more. Also had two that were empty from the start, and one quitter. I am now doing a second hatch, six eggs are from younger birds, three were under the porch only found after a cold night, and six are from a reliable flock that had served well before.

I find it is best, especially with large eggs, to set fifteen, and set on their side.

I fill the humidity by lifting the lid and adding a few drops of water through the lattice piece.

The temperature can be unreliable, so I set it at 101 F to make sure the corners are enough.

It says it has a hygrometer but does not. I recommend buying a hygrometer/ thermometer and place in the corner.

Attachments

• 479B2FD0-0AA9-470C-93D8-E7C4135FFDD3.png
    479B2FD0-0AA9-470C-93D8-E7C4135FFDD3.png
    799.9 KB · Views: 13
Not wanting to go through 40+ pages of posts, I don't know if the MeeF incubator has been mentioned. I was looking up some online reviews, and it got a really high recommendation. And it was less than $100 CA for a 30 egg 'bator, with automatic turner.

It should be here within a couple of days.

Got the MeeF incubator delivered today. It seems well built, fits together good. Daughter is picking up my hatching eggs for me after work today.

Just out in my old-timey thermometer, but it's holding it's temp according to the display. Although that means nothing as I've had a 'bator cook my eggs in lockdown whilst still displaying a good temp.

1709752000887.jpeg

I'll report on how it does with the eggs.

I also ordered a Maticoopx. Because of all of you raving about it!!!!

Back
Top Bottom