The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

The safe space is occupied at the moment.
840F154D-BF7A-4370-8AD6-C74D15E09CCF.jpeg

So, after 2.5 weeks of being broody, my SF quit on me…she had 4 eggs I gave her after about 5 days of her sitting.

However, I’ve been fighting with my FBCM over her broodiness the last few days, was going to put her in the breaker today (son was sick so I put it off a few days). So instead once I realized my SF was done (she left to eat this morning and didn’t go back for over an hour, normally it’s like 5 minutes), I gave my eggs to her. Hopefully 2 weeks of broodiness is long enough for her to accept them when they hatch. She is actually higher on the pecking order, so I worry less about the little ones with her mothering them. Fingers crossed. My incubator eggs are hatching at the same time, so if it doesn’t go well I can bring them inside.

I said some of this in my post in the auto-sexing thread, but I have only hatched 20 RIRs before this bunch. That said, I should be able to get some more examples of this chick fairly easily, right? Statistically speaking, I’m looking at 1 in 20 something? You experienced hatchers can jump right in and get me straight if I’m being naive and stupid.

:confused: not sure what's in play and what got that one that way so I can't do the math.
I've learned with the odds game you can't never tell. You got one so it can be done but idk if odds are 1 in 4 and you haven't been lucky or 1 in 128 and you got real lucky.
Make sure you keep her marked some how.

:confused: not sure what's in play and what got that one that way so I can't do the math.
I've learned with the odds game you can't never tell. You got one so it can be done but idk if odds are 1 in 4 and you haven't been lucky or 1 in 128 and you got real lucky.
Make sure you keep her marked some how.
You better believe she will be marked!

Back
Top Bottom