The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

First time on dirt and loving it

20230528_102702.jpg

I always like watching their reactions. At first they're like what the hell. Then shortly after its party time.

Johnny Law is one of the fireball sons.
View attachment 3519829The daughters I had from the male all had bright orange mixed with their blue. The dad to the 1/2 EE mainly throws black/blue and white from what I've seen, so I guess it will have to depend.

After some thinking, I think I can remove the araucana from the options of father. He has the pea comb, but I don't have any hens with muffs and feathered legs, which he doesn't have to pass down. So it has to be one of my mix males at this point
Fireball
He’s not very pretty, though.

Fireball
He’s not very pretty, though.
Cause of the lack of neck feathers?

His attitude was the end of him, unfortunately.
I was the only person he tolerated in 'his' territory, which wasn't going to fly. When we were doing eggtopsies earlier this month, I had to hold him the whole time so he didn't go after my mother.

It's a shame, I just don't have luck with naked neck males. He wasn't even from a naked neck father, and his father is extremely polite so I had hoped it would be similar with him.

Cause of the lack of neck feathers?

His attitude was the end of him, unfortunately.
I was the only person he tolerated in 'his' territory, which wasn't going to fly. When we were doing eggtopsies earlier this month, I had to hold him the whole time so he didn't go after my mother.

It's a shame, I just don't have luck with naked neck males. He wasn't even from a naked neck father, and his father is extremely polite so I had hoped it would be similar with him.
Yeah

What I've learned about the difference in chicken chicks and duck ducklings, muscovy pacifically

Ducklings (at least these) are alot faster than I woukd have thought.

Ducklings appears to me to think more than chicks. Like you can see intelligence in thier eyes. (May just be me)

After about 72 hours they turn into the nastiest animal on earth.

They have a quite calming whistle sound they make.

And like chicks and puppies everybody wants them till you have them. I'll be releasing them back where I got the eggs from.

The momma hatched the rest of hers probably yesterday. I don't know how many but I swear looks like about 20.

20230529_143355.jpg

It was an experience but no more.

Back
Top Bottom