The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Well what the heck are you?!
View attachment 3519482
A mutt. lol
Maybe or maybe it's a spontaneous mutation that only Jacin has.
It's like a Mystery chick.
View attachment 3519576
No Way Reaction GIF by Freeform

6 days left! I can't wait for them to hatch.
Oh, I'm also picking up some naked neck chicks tomorrow!
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

After about 72 hours they turn into the nastiest animal on earth.
parks and recreation television GIF

Cull
You need to make some birds that lay eggs that look like this Moony!

View attachment 3523171

African Jacana eggs. Aren't they pretty?
Wow, those are so intricate!

I didn’t know where else to put this.
My d’Anvers thread can’t handle that much gore.
Anyway, this ugly thing is a d’Anvers Dominique bantam cross. Trust the process.
9815DB96-518D-47B9-BA85-1021152BFF5B.jpeg 3282EB9F-312A-443F-AA86-23E1A7567B97.jpeg
That awkward moment when you jump out of your spur.
Mom cut just the very end of his huge long spur but he jumped and must have twisted the whole sheath off.

Cull

Wow, those are so intricate!

I didn’t know where else to put this.
My d’Anvers thread can’t handle that much gore.
Anyway, this ugly thing is a d’Anvers Dominique bantam cross. Trust the process.
View attachment 3523205View attachment 3523204
That awkward moment when you jump out of your spur.
Mom cut just the very end of his huge long spur but he jumped and must have twisted the whole sheath off.
Ouch. That's part of the reason I'm hands off unless the spur is risking themselves or their hens. I'm too afraid of my more skittish males doing something similar

Ouch. That's part of the reason I'm hands off unless the spur is risking themselves or their hens. I'm too afraid of my more skittish males doing something similar
A lot of people actually remove them this way on purpose. It will heal, fortunately.
I’m sure you know that, though.

A lot of people actually remove them this way on purpose. It will heal, fortunately.
I’m sure you know that, though.
Yeah, a lot of the other families in 4H do that method with a hot potato. I just prefer to keep them as pain-free as possible, and with how jumpy some of my males can be, I just don't trust myself woth more than taking the tiniest bit off if they get sharp and grow the wrong way

Back
Top Bottom