The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Just put them in and step away.
Idk why you all handle your eggs so often.
Too much risk for me.
I only Candled this batch 2x other than when I was making sure none had busted airsacs on arrival. I don't have to put them in anywhere, I only have the one incubator for them. But it at least gives me an idea that I shouldn't expect all 24 to hatch. That way I can pack up sooner if I end up with 13 chicks right away

All 8 chicks are doing well, growing like weeds. It looks like 7 out of 8 are at least het for crest which is nice and I'm fairly certain the one who didn't is a pullet so I'm not super worried about her. They're some of the most social birds I've ever handled, expressly one of the little black ones whose decided its my little buddy and always has to sit up on my shoulder while I'm in their run. Nothing too exciting besides that yet, I look forward to seeing everyone else chicks!
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 7.46.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 7.48.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 7.52.46 PM.png

All 8 chicks are doing well, growing like weeds. It looks like 7 out of 8 are at least het for crest which is nice and I'm fairly certain the one who didn't is a pullet so I'm not super worried about her. They're some of the most social birds I've ever handled, expressly one of the little black ones whose decided its my little buddy and always has to sit up on my shoulder while I'm in their run. Nothing too exciting besides that yet, I look forward to seeing everyone else chicks! View attachment 3531752

View attachment 3531753View attachment 3531754
What the hell are they?

All 8 chicks are doing well, growing like weeds. It looks like 7 out of 8 are at least het for crest which is nice and I'm fairly certain the one who didn't is a pullet so I'm not super worried about her. They're some of the most social birds I've ever handled, expressly one of the little black ones whose decided its my little buddy and always has to sit up on my shoulder while I'm in their run. Nothing too exciting besides that yet, I look forward to seeing everyone else chicks! View attachment 3531752

View attachment 3531753View attachment 3531754
They are cute little weirdos! 🥰

7owjl7.jpg

My "chocolate" Orpingtons from Hoover's finally arrived.
Is anyone buying that these are "chocolate"?
They look black to me. A kind of strange black but still.
In the direct sunlight they do have a hue to them but I'm thinking that's just wishful thinking. :confused:
As a side note to how awesome Hoover's truly is when I checked the invoice it clearly stated...... 15 Mallard ducklings (unsexed)"

20230609_103114.jpg

Even Mouse was suprised.

20230609_103142.jpg

Those are the sexlinked
View attachment 3536506

My "chocolate" Orpingtons from Hoover's finally arrived.
Is anyone buying that these are "chocolate"?
They look black to me. A kind of strange black but still.
In the direct sunlight they do have a hue to them but I'm thinking that's just wishful thinking. :confused:
As a side note to how awesome Hoover's truly is when I checked the invoice it clearly stated...... 15 Mallard ducklings (unsexed)"

View attachment 3536512
Even Mouse was suprised.

View attachment 3536513
ones, right?

Back
Top Bottom