The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

Pics
I spend a week fighting ice and tractors and nursing cows and come here and find out I'm missing a discussion on boots?!?

Ok, is anyone talking about real boots or are we just showing off fancy ones? I need some expert advice on real boots.
All these are real boots. If you're looking for real work boots, Ariat and Tony Lama is where it's at. Justin used to be good until they stopped making them in the states. Now they don't hold up at all.

All these are real boots. If you're looking for real work boots, Ariat and Tony Lama is where it's at. Justin used to be good until they stopped making them in the states. Now they don't hold up at all.

I just murdered my first pair of Ariats. I was pretty impressed - took me a whole 6 months! DO Tony Lamas hold up any better? I haven't had a pair of work boots last me a year in over a decade.

There's a local boot store and the owner is just fascinated by me. He found a pair of army seconds in my size (mens 5) and I killed them in 5 months.

I just murdered my first pair of Ariats. I was pretty impressed - took me a whole 6 months! DO Tony Lamas hold up any better? I haven't had a pair of work boots last me a year in over a decade.

There's a local boot store and the owner is just fascinated by me. He found a pair of army seconds in my size (mens 5) and I killed them in 5 months.
I still wear the same Ariats I've worn for 15 years lol. They look like HELL but they still function. Maybe their quality went south too.

My Tony Lamas are going on year 6. I work them pretty hard. I don't abuse them though. I also clean them every so often and rub some conditioner on them.

Mine started coming up from the sole. I use neatsfoot oil and saddle conditioner when I get real leather boots. I was pretty impressed by how hard trhey wore, I had the sole worn smooth and thin and they were still holding together.

Quality of everything has gone down, but I swear, I could be a professional boot tester. My itty-bitty feet put miles of the roughest terrain on everything.

Mine started coming up from the sole. I use neatsfoot oil and saddle conditioner when I get real leather boots. I was pretty impressed by how hard trhey wore, I had the sole worn smooth and thin and they were still holding together.

Quality of everything has gone down, but I swear, I could be a professional boot tester. My itty-bitty feet put miles of the roughest terrain on everything.
I use neatsfoot oil too. Awesome stuff.

Have you tried Redwings?

Back
Top Bottom