The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

Right?? There's a show breeder near me that wants $75 a gosling, AND quotes the local law that you have to buy 6 or more baby poultry at a time ... not that that pertains to breeder sales, that's for re-sellers like TSC and such. They're gorgeous, but I don't want a flock of them! And that is big chunk of change!

Isn't Holderread's retired and out of business? Such a shame they had no one to pass it on to, I had REALLY wanted some of their Welsh Harlequins and I'd have given up on buff anything for a pair of their Lavender Ice geese, but I never had both the space and the $$$ at the same time, and by the time I did it was too late.

Does anyone here know anyone in/near NYC? I'm trying to find a home for some chicks.
@HeatherKellyB actually spoke to Mrs. Holderread on the phone not that long ago. I believe she said that they still have a few things.

6 at a time from a breeder? Crazy crazy.

Do you know if they're planning on still selling anything? I can't imagine living one's life around animals for so long and then just ... stopping. My ex-husband once said to me "What do you want to do when we retire?"

I was like "Have we met? Am I in an alternate universe?? I want to do this. Maybe bigger. Until I die. We have met, right? I'm RiverOtter..."

Poppy's feathers seemed a bit rough earlier, and Scimitar's thighs look patchy. I'm thinking that they might be molting early, too.

Back
Top Bottom