The Moonshiner's Leghorn Thread Peanut Gallery

Scratches become rust spots. Rust spots eventually ruin your car
Thank you!
See Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Not sure about state fair, but my fair wouldn't allow birdsnwith mites to enter. You could take the bird home and wash them and bring them back (as long as it was still before the deadline), but bugs equalled no cage
That works if you have the right number of entries. I was at one fair where they inspected each bird at the door. One of my Ancona cockerels got sent home because he had the teeniest, hardest to see mites. They were THOROUGH.
The State Fair (I don’t think there were mites there) which had about 450 would have trouble doing that, plus they are all about filling cages and presentation.
The Door County fair that I judged was extremely tiny, if they sent those birds home there would be half the numbers. Then what would you have to see?
Oh, they are cute!

Sometimes shows really just want a lot of entries. (Like BYC contests) Even if they aren't good. I know when I showed with the NFSS (National Finch and Softbill Society) we'd basically bring anything that was remotely showable to fill the benches because it showed us supporting the show (every entry had a fee) and even if a bird wasn't in perfect feather, it allowed people to see species they might not have seen otherwise.
View attachment 3223938

Probably trying to hold up all those wattles wore him out.

The mottled bantam with no neck is soooo cute. And some of those Buff hens have a roach back.

You showed mice? They have mice shows?
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek
yeah some of them have over pronounced cushions

So you’re not worried about all those different critters coming from all those different places and what they might bring to the table? Or is it just a “risk it for the biscuit” kinda attitude?
Well, ducks aren’t such a risk.
I’m not worried introducing waterfowl, I just throw ‘em in.
Chickens, on the other hand, I avoid new introductions as much as possible, and if it’s necessary, then QUARANTINE.

Back
Top Bottom