The Moonshiner's Leghorns

The seem to be Legit Brown Red with Mottling.. Leaky Blacks E/eWh Co/co+ can look very similar to birchen but they are much darker

This is from the same breeder I swear it could be a Mille Fleur but the color is'nt 100%
The black breast is prominent.
Screenshot_20200527-201527(1).png
Screenshot_20200527-201534(1).png

I was curious from just its appearance.
My MF were mostly wheaton and a few with wild type. Don't recall any that seemed to be brown. Most were buff but I had one red.
The hen responsible for this chicks parents were from that group so unsure exactly what she was except as an adult she appeared red MF.
I assumed this chick was wheaton/wild type but it also looks yellow which I haven't had before. Others are mostly buff with a couole looking red.

I was curious from just its appearance.
My MF were mostly wheaton and a few with wild type. Don't recall any that seemed to be brown. Most were buff but I had one red.
The hen responsible for this chicks parents were from that group so unsure exactly what she was except as an adult she appeared red MF.
I assumed this chick was wheaton/wild type but it also looks yellow which I haven't had before. Others are mostly buff with a couole looking red.
eWh/e+ would that too..

So if I cross a buff with a red I'd get mahogany/mahogany and dilute/non dilute.
Which follows what I got.
Then I cross those together id get mahogany with either dilute/dilute, dilute/non dilute or non dilute/non dilute.
Wouldn't that mean buff, red or in between?
So to get this yellow chick my Red MF must be wheaten/wild type no dilute and only one copy of mahogany instead of two?
When crossed with buff she never produced a buff.
And their offspring usually produces buffs with a couple that were red. But those red were clearly red as chicks unlike the parents that looked like buff chicks until they feathered in.
I'm just confused how this pairing can produce buff and red and yellow.

Thats all good but their lines and their crosses has nothing to do with mine or what I have going on.
I've crossed my buffs with other things so guess you could say ive done my own test breedings. The results were as expected.
Now I'm crossing F2s and so far this chick was my suprise and has me a bit confused not so much in and of itself but in combination to what else has been produced.
No big deal as I'll get it figured out. Once it feathers in I'm sure it will reveal more.

Anyone else who wants to chime in is more then welcome. This pen is gonna give some interesting results for sure.

Back
Top Bottom