The Moonshiner's Leghorns

1602108776109.png
I found silver. So yes, they exist.

Attachments

• 1602108776109.png
    1602108776109.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I'm impressed with someone making them. Laced is a somewhat complicated pattern to bring in.
Super cool.
Not a look I like personally though so saves me some effort since they won't be a project for me.
Find some crazier sh!t.
I agree. Lacing looks a bit funny and gaudy on Leghorns. It looks a lot better on the exaggerated Sebrights and the curvaceous Wyandottes.
Breeders always seem to make the colors that look the most "right" the most popular, probably because they look better. Quail looks fantastic in d'Anvers and Mille Fleur looks fantastic in d'Uccles, but get a Mille Fleur d'Anvers and it looks kinda incomplete.
I love all your fantastic Leghorn colors, but I got to say, a good light brown in vibrant feather is hard to beat.

I agree. Lacing looks a bit funny and gaudy on Leghorns. It looks a lot better on the exaggerated Sebrights and the curvaceous Wyandottes.
Breeders always seem to make the colors that look the most "right" the most popular, probably because they look better. Quail looks fantastic in d'Anvers and Mille Fleur looks fantastic in d'Uccles, but get a Mille Fleur d'Anvers and it looks kinda incomplete.
I love all your fantastic Leghorn colors, but I got to say, a good light brown in vibrant feather is hard to beat.
... I never thought that I would ever hear such a word as, "curvaceous," used in reference to a Wynadotte -- or any chicken, really -- considering the usual sense in which it is used....

... I never thought that I would ever hear such a word as, "curvaceous," used in reference to a Wynadotte -- or any chicken, really -- considering the usual sense in which it is used....
well it's true, and I have, lol... :p And they beautiful. Soy franca. The best silver laced, IMO, and not to hijack the thread or anything... has a big beard, gorgeous bull neck, itty bitty back and short little legs
Justin Staggs' pic. Not mine.
1602121907932.png

Last edited:
well it's true, and I have, lol... :p And they beautiful. Soy franco. The best silver laced, IMO, and not to hijack the thread or anything... has a big beard, gorgeous bull neck, itty bitty back and short little legs
View attachment 2364295
Yeah.... I need these. I like the Quail better though.

well it's true, and I have, lol... :p And they beautiful. Soy franco. The best silver laced, IMO, and not to hijack the thread or anything... has a big beard, gorgeous bull neck, itty bitty back and short little legs
View attachment 2364295
A bearded Sebright!? Aaaah, I'm dying! I love it so much!
run-circles.gif

Okay, fine, dying very actively, but still.
EDIT: Wait, or is that a Wyandotte? It looks like a Sebright, but....

Back
Top Bottom