The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Would I have thought of any of those?
imagegif_0_2.gif

Last edited:
I absolutely deal with color/patterns first and foremost.
When breeding to show it's always said worry about color last because it's the easiest thing to fix.
I bred with that attitude for a long time.
Genetics fascinates me. Creating something different or new is exciting.
All the above plays a role in what I breed for now. It's like coming full circle and realizing my purpose.
Type and breeding towards the SOP is cool but with that it's all subjective. Your work is what others judge them to be.
When I breed for patterns it's absolute. It's right there to see. You, me and everyone is seeing the same thing.
It's not subject to opinion.
I'm too old to care what others think so much. I do me and d@mn, me is good.

I absolutely deal with color/patterns first and foremost.
When breeding to show it's always said worry about color last because it's the easiest thing to fix.
I bred with that attitude for a long time.
Genetics fascinates me. Creating something different or new is exciting.
All the above plays a role in what I breed for now. It's like coming full circle and realizing my purpose.
Type and breeding towards the SOP is cool but with that it's all subjective. Your work is what others judge them to be.
When I breed for patterns it's absolute. It's right there to see. You, me and everyone is seeing the same thing.
It's not subject to opinion.
I'm too old to care what others think so much. I do me and d@mn, me is good.
So Then you get the color/pattern locked in and /then/ breed towards the weights and shape you want? Is that the same with other traits like silkied feathering and long feathering? Trying to figure out what my goal for next year should be for my pheonix projects I wanna do

So Then you get the color/pattern locked in and /then/ breed towards the weights and shape you want? Is that the same with other traits like silkied feathering and long feathering? Trying to figure out what my goal for next year should be for my pheonix projects I wanna do
Do mind sharing a bit about your phoenix projects?

Back
Top Bottom