The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Thanks.

Yeah. I actually felt sick for hours after I found the babies. Like death doesn't really "bother" me, but picking up all those wet bodies with their feathers plastered to them just made me feel dirty? Like it was all a waste. All-day I felt like I needed another shower.

I should mention that one chick did survive. 100% a Red Orpington cockerel.

Thanks.

I don't have a trap large enough. She doesn't spend any time on my property for the most part.

View attachment 3051920
The green line is a well-traveled game trail across four other properties and a road. She does not stick to the tree/fence lines. She's very brazen. I was able to track her pug marks, as well as feces, scent markings, and fur so I know she travels it. I have no idea what sort of laws I'd be violating if I put out traps on someone else's land. I have no way of contacting any of those property owners either, as there are no homes on them. They are just overgrown bobcat sanctuaries for the most part. I have several people interested in coming to deal with her, but I may have one last trick up my sleeve before I call it quits.
Hocus Pocus Witch GIF
poison GIF
dead snow white GIF
Chase her out into that highway! 😂

Dominant white can have plenty of speckling/leakage, that and splash are as close as chickens come to pied, so I'm going to guess dominant white over cuckoo.

Back
Top Bottom