The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Well guys I've struggled with this but unfortunately, it's a decision that I had to make. With all the projects I got going on at home requiring my 110% attention to each and every one of them. I decided to shelve my Leghorn breeding program indefinitely.
It wasn't the setbacks that I was getting with my incubators/hatching them. I've just got so much going on with the property and life -all good-requiring my attention, that I am going to be tied down probably for the next year or year and a half. So I've decided to concentrate on what's in front of me and just get after it. I'll be waiting if @The Moonshiner eventually decides he's going to ship eggs or chicks... even if I have to pay a premium. All his hard work deserves a reward/compensation and I, unfortunately, cannot at this point develop anything myself to reach some goals that I had with leghorns. I would rather pay and own someone else's work because I just cannot do it at this point.
Feels like this right now.
View attachment 3240282

Anyways put me down whenever you're ready to do this @The Moonshiner if ever. It's all good.
Sucks to hear this but it's all good.
I'll have something around when you get back at it.

Oh sh!t. I've been pretty slow at hatching this season.
Time to step up production before you pass me up.
LoathsomeSparklingCrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Production is dropping here.
I've just been messing with mostly trios this year. I did just set up a pen with 7 hens. Figured I'd give them a couple days to make sure they'd be laying fertile eggs.
First day 6 eggs. Second day 7 eggs. Planned on collecting after that. Next day 3 eggs then 2 today. SMDH

Well guys I've struggled with this but unfortunately, it's a decision that I had to make. With all the projects I got going on at home requiring my 110% attention to each and every one of them. I decided to shelve my Leghorn breeding program indefinitely.
It wasn't the setbacks that I was getting with my incubators/hatching them. I've just got so much going on with the property and life -all good-requiring my attention, that I am going to be tied down probably for the next year or year and a half. So I've decided to concentrate on what's in front of me and just get after it. I'll be waiting if @The Moonshiner eventually decides he's going to ship eggs or chicks... even if I have to pay a premium. All his hard work deserves a reward/compensation and I, unfortunately, cannot at this point develop anything myself to reach some goals that I had with leghorns. I would rather pay and own someone else's work because I just cannot do it at this point.
Feels like this right now.

Anyways put me down whenever you're ready to do this @The Moonshiner if ever. It's all good.

I'm glad it's good stress, but I totally understand that good stress is still stress!!

One foot in front of the other will get you down the road! Happy juggling!

Production is dropping here.
I've just been messing with mostly trios this year. I did just set up a pen with 7 hens. Figured I'd give them a couple days to make sure they'd be laying fertile eggs.
First day 6 eggs. Second day 7 eggs. Planned on collecting after that. Next day 3 eggs then 2 today. SMDH
I have been getting about 2-3 eggs per 6 hens for the last 4 weeks ..... this week they all decided to kick it into gear...
I'm collecting nearly 2 doz a day from all pens

Back
Top Bottom