The Moonshiner's Leghorns

6s8hsy.gif

I've been having a fertility issue in one pen that I may have worked out now. Hopefully anyways.
So I've got this awesome rooster named Big Floppy. The first few batches were zero hatches. After that I started getting a few. As the season has went on the number has dwindled back to zero.
I have a backup rooster that's the same pattern. His name is Jacin. He's in a separate project pen and has had great fertility. Two weeks ago I started swapping them back and forth every 4 or 5 days. Hopefully this solves the issue and with the swapping I won't be able to say with certainty who's fertilizing the eggs.
I would feel bad if I had to hold a grudge against Big Floppy and permanently boot him to the yard.

I've been having a fertility issue in one pen that I may have worked out now. Hopefully anyways.
So I've got this awesome rooster named Big Floppy. The first few batches were zero hatches. After that I started getting a few. As the season has went on the number has dwindled back to zero.
I have a backup rooster that's the same pattern. His name is Jacin. He's in a separate project pen and has had great fertility. Two weeks ago I started swapping them back and forth every 4 or 5 days. Hopefully this solves the issue and with the swapping I won't be able to say with certainty who's fertilizing the eggs.
I would feel bad if I had to hold a grudge against Big Floppy and permanently boot him to the yard.
do we get pics of said roosters?

Big Floppy hasn’t needed to be fertile in 17 years. Boot me to the yard if need be.

Big Floppy hasn’t needed to be fertile in 17 years. Boot me to the yard if need be.
The yard is like a prison yard. There's hard individuals and roving gangs everywhere.
I'm sure he can hold his own but penned with a few ladies seems so much cooler

Back
Top Bottom