The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Candled the eggs you sent, Moony. 7 didn't begin to develop, 2 might have passed and the rest look super healthy so far.

Here are the 7 that didn't develop anything, looks like it was mainly the BGD, but there was also one BSD and one BBD.

I think the one that started a day early might be one of the questionable ones
20230527_212254.jpg

Candled the eggs you sent, Moony. 7 didn't begin to develop, 2 might have passed and the rest look super healthy so far.

Here are the 7 that didn't develop anything, looks like it was mainly the BGD, but there was also one BSD and one BBD.

View attachment 3520675
Oh, the one with a slight crack was one of the 15 that's doing great

View attachment 3520675
Ugh, the BGD is my favorite pen and has my favorite blue gold duckwing rooster in it.
I'd say I'd better start checking my hatches from those eggs but I'm about to combine the BGD and BBD pens I think. Later on if need be I'll send you some eggs from just that combo pen. They'll only produce BBS gold duckwing so.....
The BSD pen is still producing quite a few golds so we'll see how that goes for you.

Ugh, the BGD is my favorite pen and has my favorite blue gold duckwing rooster in it.
I'd say I'd better start checking my hatches from those eggs but I'm about to combine the BGD and BBD pens I think. Later on if need be I'll send you some eggs from just that combo pen. They'll only produce BBS gold duckwing so.....
The BSD pen is still producing quite a few golds so we'll see how that goes for you.
Okay. Do you think I'll be able to tell the silvers from the golds at hatch? Or will I have to let them feather out?

Guess what today was?
20230529_085253.jpg

Our annual Memorial weekend auction. Monday is farm stuff day.
Started at 9 and by noon I hadn't bought a thing. Wasn't a ton of good stuff and seemed everything I considered apparently everyone else wanted too. Metal roofing, rolls of wire and poly tanks were going for high prices.
Took a quick break and ate and as soon as I got back I scored this....
20230529_133134.jpg

9 and 1/2 pieces of 7' 6" sheets for $18.
Then 10 pieces of red and white thick stuff.
20230529_164715.jpg

6 - 8', 3 - 10' and a 14' with the diagonal cut. All for $10
Then 2 - 8', a dozen 3' and 4' and 5 - 8' ridge caps for $5
Man, that was some bargain shopping.

Then I got a bunch of 2x4s that looked like hell. Full of nails etc. But about 30 8' and 10' in one stack and then probably another 30 14' ones.
20230529_170211.jpg

Both stacks total $35.
Have I mentioned I love auctions?
Bought a couple random things, chain link gate and such then finished the day finally getting a poly tank. Was hoping some would go cheap and I'd get them for brooders.
This one was in decent shape and decent size. Haven't measured it but it's 140 gallon.
20230529_193608.jpg

About killed me but it was the last one of the day and d@mnit that was my number 1 want. $50. That's probably actually not a bad price.
Me and the boy put some water in it so I could scrub it some and he decided it would make a nice jacuzzi tub. Ya i don't think so boy.
Busy day but a fun day for me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom