The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I've got a couple lavender leghorn hens. No boys though.
I actually don't think I've ever had a lavender boy that reached maturity. 🤔
I'll just grab a black male and make some splits to use next year.
That’s kinda odd. Did the boys die from health or predation reasons or had you sold them all before they reached maturity? Breeding the black male to the lav hens is good idea 👍🏼

That’s kinda odd. Did the boys die from health or predation reasons or had you sold them all before they reached maturity? Breeding the black male to the lav hens is good idea 👍🏼
I worked on a few varieties. Lavender, barred Lavender and mottled Lavender but everything was in really small numbers as far as Lavender birds cause I always used splits too.
I just think I wasn't hatching Lavender males. I remember like two and they both died as chicks or juveniles.
I've noticed Lavender ones don't seem to thrive quite as well.
Cackle discontinued their Isabel Leghorns pretty quickly because they were having issues with them not handling shipping well.

I worked on a few varieties. Lavender, barred Lavender and mottled Lavender but everything was in really small numbers as far as Lavender birds cause I always used splits too.
I just think I wasn't hatching Lavender males. I remember like two and they both died as chicks or juveniles.
I've noticed Lavender ones don't seem to thrive quite as well.
Cackle discontinued their Isabel Leghorns pretty quickly because they were having issues with them not handling shipping well.
I just realized, you got your Orpingtons from Hoovers, right? Should have grabbed some isabel leghorns too.

So only an antecedent because I've only hatched out one time. My lavender Ameraucana x lavender Orpington produced the most pullets. Seams like only one male out of the eight that hatched.

B 15th
20230726_075510.jpg
20230726_075543.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom