The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Not yet but I need to be prepared right?
Indeed.
Unfortunately I need to slow down, way down.
If not I'd end up with between 1,300 and 1,400 for the year. That may be a little much.
My Pepsi incubator is still pretty full but I'm thinking about not loading anymore. Might just go with my experiment incubators and going to setting every 10 or 14 days.
That sounds so depressing but I'm running out of spaces in a hurry. These d@mn chicks just keep eating and growing.

Indeed.
Unfortunately I need to slow down, way down.
If not I'd end up with between 1,300 and 1,400 for the year. That may be a little much.
My Pepsi incubator is still pretty full but I'm thinking about not loading anymore. Might just go with my experiment incubators and going to setting every 10 or 14 days.
That sounds so depressing but I'm running out of spaces in a hurry. These d@mn chicks just keep eating and growing.
This is my first test hatch and some of the eggs are just smaller pullet eggs.

The hens are just starting to lay semi consistently again. This week is meant to be nicer weather so hopefully they kick it into gear and I can get hatching again.

We've had mostly 90°s and some 100°s for like the last month or more so productivity has dropped some here. Was figuring that plus storing the eggs in too high of temps would slow me down quite a bit but it really hasn't.
Thinking maybe it was the extra incubators keeping the numbers up but I've only hatched one batch in those so far. NR360 has chicks hatching now as is my regular hatchers.
And I'm sitting here with about 120 eggs and it's set day. Dilemmas Dilemmas. I should probably go ahead and set a full batch since it's set day, right?
Surely one more won't hurt.

We've had mostly 90°s and some 100°s for like the last month or more so productivity has dropped some here. Was figuring that plus storing the eggs in too high of temps would slow me down quite a bit but it really hasn't.
Thinking maybe it was the extra incubators keeping the numbers up but I've only hatched one batch in those so far. NR360 has chicks hatching now as is my regular hatchers.
And I'm sitting here with about 120 eggs and it's set day. Dilemmas Dilemmas. I should probably go ahead and set a full batch since it's set day, right?
Surely one more won't hurt.
Set all the eggs!

I haven't hatched anything in a while, gonna set some more quail eggs soon though. Looks like I've got 3 or 4 boys from my batch of Leghorns so I'm gonna have to decide who to keep

Back
Top Bottom