The most delicious—and simple—dinner on earth...

Orpingtons Mom

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Fredericksb'g/Culpeper VA
Simple, elegant, superb.

Two eggs, laid hours before, fried in one teaspoon of unsalted, cultured butter. Salt, freshly ground pepper, and a sprinkle of fines herbs.

A simple glass of white wine, Mary’s Gone Crackers (super seed), and an old movie.

The taste was simply...wonderful. The taste had depth, the white was thick and cake-like in texture.

Pity those that have no fresh eggs, for breakfast, lunch, or (in my case) dinner.

Simple, elegant, superb.

Two eggs, laid hours before, fried in one teaspoon of unsalted, cultured butter. Salt, freshly ground pepper, and a sprinkle of fines herbs.

A simple glass of white wine, Mary’s Gone Crackers (super seed), and an old movie.

The taste was simply...wonderful. The taste had depth, the white was thick and cake-like in texture.

Pity those that have no fresh eggs, for breakfast, lunch, or (in my case) dinner.
this sounds like a delicious dinner! 😋

You're right, we are so blessed to have fresh eggs! This week I finally learned how to poach an egg! I don't know why I was so intimidated, it's not that hard! And the flavor was exquisite. It's like a soft-boiled agg without the shell. Perhaps another day I will post the instructions. Better than fried, because no fat. Weeeell, unless you serve it with Hollandaise sauce, which you really should! On toast. Eggs, glorious eggs! Oh how we do love them!

How to make a poached egg

Okay, you need your little saucepan that has a lid, 1 tsp salt and two tsp white vinegar (don't worry, you won't taste it). Put one cold egg in a small bowl or cup and set aside, and get your plate ready. Put a slice of bread in the toaster but don't push it down yet. You'll also need a five-minute timer. Okay, ready? Here we go!

Put the salt and vinegar in the water in the saucepan and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat and use a spoon to swirl the water into a whirlpool. Pour the egg into the center of the swirl. Cover and set the timer for 5 minutes. Then, LEAVE IT ALONE until the timer dings. Do not peek, open the lid or disturb it in any way. After about 3 minutes, drop the toast. When the toast is done, butter it and put it on your plate. When the 5 minutes are up, remove the egg with a slotted spoon and put it on the toast. Salt and pepper and ENJOY!

:drool:wee

Back
Top Bottom