The most horrific thing I have ever witnessed

Quote:
Yes it would have. They're pretty bold, and chickens are helpless at night, so don't beat yourself up over that. If you're catching that many of them, you really need to put poison out. We put it under a metal box with a hole in it so the rats can get it, but nothing else.

Oh that's a great idea thank you

Forgot to mention - put a cement block or something heavy on top of the box to keep your dog, cat, or other animals from flipping it over.

Just beware that poison is arsenic. So still patch all entrances to your chicken area. Chicken will eat anything, including dead rats. There by eatng arsenic and then dying too. Make sure you pick up any dead mice, rats, cats, dogs, and birds after you use any type of poison, and dispose of properly. Read all warning labels before you bring the product home.

Arsenic? Hmm, didn't know that - I'll have to do some research on it. I do know that alot of the rodent poisons have warfarin in them. It doesn't really matter what's in them. If they're used carefully and safely, it won't be a problem. We had a rat infestation several years ago and put out poison as mentioned above. Apparently the rats went back to their burrows or tunnels to die because we didn't have dead ones laying around. Common sense is the key.

Back
Top Bottom