The most pitiful sounding thing ever!

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
This morning while feeding the dogs I though I heard a crow out back, as in the bird crow.... Weak sounding ka-kaw. Course I'm thinking the dane got to a bird and didn't finish it off before I called them in for food so I look outside and see nothing. Let the dogs back out, hear it again but this time all the dogs stop and just cock their heads funny. I go to investigate.
As I near the grow out pen I hear it again. It's one of my 12 week old boys attempting to crow! Still didn't see who it was but Mr Karate was all puffed up and strutting around like he was important. Of course I'm laughing hysterically at the pitifulness of his ka-kaw all the way back into the house. When I get back from the road trip this morning I'll get some updated pics of the little bugger.

That is so funny. This morning I heard one of my young guys trying to keep up with the big guys and it cracked me up as well. Would love to see pics of your boy!

The crew in the pen:
DSCF4688a.JPG

DSCF4690a.JPG

Karate is the lighter colored one (not the ee) and Daneilson is the black streaky one..... not sure which one it was

I love it when roosters are just beginning to crow! They make the most hilarious and bizarre sounds.
lol.png
Enjoy their silliness while it's there--soon enough they'll have their crow perfected and then no more funny noises.

And they spend the rest of their lives thinking that are the greatest things since white bread, all because they can crow.
roll.png

LOL Gristar. I wish roosters didn't irritate my husband, because I sure do get a thrill out of watching them crow. You perfectly described them! lol!

crowing roosters make me grin! hmm.. that sounds like a bumper sticker!

OOPS... POSTED IN THE WRONG THREAD.. IGNORE THIS ONE! <----- LOL and I did not mean to yell! durn caps lock

Last edited:
My EE cockerel is 9 wks old and has been trying to crow for 2 wks. In the past 3 days he has managed to make the sound into two syllables and with two different tones. "Kerrr - AHHHHH." It ain't a crow yet, but he's getting there.

And I think it's so cute. I hope I think it's as cute when he perfects it.... and I also hope he sticks to the same "schedule" - twice in the coop in the early morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the coop when everybody's settling in for the night.

The neighborhood roosters mostly use a similar schedule, as they don't crow all day long.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom