The most you will pay or have paid for a duck?

Age is a critical factor here as well. When I sold my runner ducks recently, I charge $20 per hen, but they were at the perfect age for selling and commanding that price. They were just over a year old, were laying eggs almost every day, and perfect health.
It's funny you mention that, because I was checking out craigslist for a couple of extra Pekin hens and I contacted one place that said they wanted $30 per pekin for pet quality. Lol, I just said thanks for getting back to me but that's too expensive for me.
For a common breed such as a pekin, I would probably pay $15 at the most, and that's if she is not too old.
Would you pay $20 for 4-h ducks that just came back from the fair? This isn't the original instance I was referring to. Just something that is available, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

A lot of ducks I won't take just because I don't like them.

Pekins/Cayuga/Runners: probably not more than 10 unless it was a different color of Cayuga than black. Then I would go up to 30 for those other colors.
Hookbill/Silkied: up to 50 or 60 depending on age, gender and how nice they look.
Muscovies: probably not more than 30 for fenales, but if I really liked the colors, I'd be more willing to pay more

Don't like the runners? 😄
I'd probably end up liking them If I had them. I just think they are funny looking in pictures. 😂
A lot of ducks I won't take just because I don't like them.

Pekins/Cayuga/Runners: probably not more than 10 unless it was a different color of Cayuga than black. Then I would go up to 30 for those other colors.
Hookbill/Silkied: up to 50 or 60 depending on age, gender and how nice they look.
Muscovies: probably not more than 30 for fenales, but if I really liked the colors, I'd be more willing to pay more
You'd pay more for Muscovy? I thought Muscovy were like..invasive and people pay to get rid of them. 🤪

Also .. there is a different color of Cayuga besides black? What are you talking about? 🤔

I'd probably end up liking them If I had them. I just think they are funny looking in pictures. 😂

You'd pay more for Muscovy? I thought Muscovy were like..invasive and people pay to get rid of them. 🤪

Also .. there is a different color of Cayuga besides black? What are you talking about? 🤔
Thats the southern states. Here they're pretty hard to find, and when you do, they're usually only white.

I believe there are chocolate and white as well. But they're only by breeders, you won't find them in hatchery catalogs

Thats the southern states. Here they're pretty hard to find, and when you do, they're usually only white.

I believe there are chocolate and white as well. But they're only by breeders, you won't find them in hatchery catalogs
Well I've never heard of a chocolate Cayuga..and females turn white as they age.
I kinda thought the trademark of a Cayuga was the black irridecance and black eggs. Do chocolate Cayugas lay chocolate eggs? That I'd like to see! 😄

Yeah, that really bugs me that people will overcharge for a certain color of muscovy. The breeding of muscovy seems to have gotten out of hand like the doodle of ducks. 😆
I do enjoy my muscovy, but they get so darn broody. So, although the colors are pretty, the broodiness is why I won't pay more. Plus you literally have your own hatching factory if you have a duck and drake. 🤣 As well muscovies are all over craigslist. I can't give my extra drakes away and I saw someone asking $40 for theirs.

Back
Top Bottom