The most you will pay or have paid for a duck?

I got my ducks free. Three females about a year old. Not show quality. They were laying daily and had been listen on CL for 3 weeks. I was the only inquiry.

However, I would pay hundreds for a duck and drive many hours to get a pet of good genetics who wouldn't be so sick all the time. Maybe not while there are so many who need homes, though. I'm one of those adopt first people. :)

I was offered a duck for an outrageous price (imho). I was told it was show quality, but the pictures were not the best. I don't need show quality and there was no way to verify what the person was telling me via messages. Plus, the pics offered were of low quality. If you can't take a decent pic of a show quality bird, I am questioning the quality of the bird.
I do know of sources online to get show quality birds, so that's not my question.

So, I want to see what is the most you would pay for a duck?

How far would you drive?

I've got my limits, just wondering where others stand. 😁
I charge $25 for adult female rescues I actually pay more on rehabbing them then adopting them out. sounds like a lot but people will definitely pay $25 and most ducks I see for sale are about that much. I let the price drop if they take more than one

Last edited:
For a domestic duck, maybe $15 max.
However, I also keep exotic ducks, and for those I have traveled over 600 miles one way, and paid $100 each for. I would pay more than that depending on the species too. They're way more valuable than domestics though.
How much are they asking for it?
I'd definitely ask for better pics, or see if you can go look at it.

For a domestic duck, maybe $15 max.
However, I also keep exotic ducks, and for those I have traveled over 600 miles one way, and paid $100 each for. I would pay more than that depending on the species too. They're way more valuable than domestics though.
How much are they asking for it?
I'd definitely ask for better pics, or see if you can go look at it.
It's not an exotic duck. Just a runner, but maybe show quality. They were asking $40 ea and are like 2 hours from me. There is really no way to verify since I don't know what a show quality runner looks like. I'm just in it for the small hobby farm - not show.

It's not an exotic duck. Just a runner, but maybe show quality. They were asking $40 ea and are like 2 hours from me. There is really no way to verify since I don't know what a show quality runner looks like. I'm just in it for the small hobby farm - not show.
Yeah, for just a Runner, even a SQ one, I don't think it would be worth more than $20.
I would probably pass on them, tbh. That's really expensive, and quite the drive. What are you looking for, specifically? A small flock of ducks, or a friend for some existing ones? I'm not sure where you live, but you could probably post on your BYC state thread and find someone who would sell ducks or know someone who else who would.

Yeah, for just a Runner, even a SQ one, I don't think it would be worth more than $20.
I would probably pass on them, tbh. That's really expensive, and quite the drive. What are you looking for, specifically? A small flock of ducks, or a friend for some existing ones? I'm not sure where you live, but you could probably post on your BYC state thread and find someone who would sell ducks or know someone who else who would.
I'm only looking to add a few more to my flock. In fact it just happened one of my feelers got back to me and I just brought home 2 sweet runners. :celebrate $20 for both.
I'm going to make a new post for that. 😊

I charge $25 for adult female rescues I actually pay more on rehabbing them then adopting them out. sounds like a lot but people will definitely pay $25 and most ducks I see for sale are about that much. I let the price drop if they take more than one
If I could adopt a duck, I would. I've been checking the shelters and rescue groups that are within a reasonable distance. I also feel that if you rehab or rescue, you definitely deserve more. Plus, I would drive farther for the cause.

Ps. I like your username. 😁

Back
Top Bottom