The most you will pay or have paid for a duck?

We had a fox attack here last year, my wife felt personally responsible, though she saved the victim duck, she had a broken leg and some bite wounds. Tok her to the vet, xrays, splint, meds, the whole 9 yards, totaled up about 700 bucks all said and done with return trips.
so I would say 700 bucks is the most i have ever paid for a duck.
Although i did see it on a menu for 45 the other day, i was tempted to try it.

Last edited:
I would say 700 bucks is the most i have ever paid for a duck.
My husband calculates cost this way, too. He bought me a fancy incubator and so far I've hatched some goslings and ducklings. Every time something hatches, he'll say "oh that costs me $50", or whatever number we're at now. Good news is, at least the cost of every hatching goes down. 😂

We had a fox attack here last year, my wife felt personally responsible, though she saved the victim duck, she had a broken leg and some bite wounds. Tok her to the vet, xrays, splint, meds, the whole 9 yards, totaled up about 700 bucks all said and done with return trips.
Although i did see it on a menue for 45 the other day, i was tempted to try it.
Every time I give away a drake for little to nothing my husband tells me... It was worth more than that on a plate!

I paid $3 for ducklings and I went only across town. I got Ancona and the Ancona/Runner mix.
I won’t purchase a grown duck just because I enjoy the little ones so much.
That’s funny, i would so prefer to purchase a grown duck, if i pay 20 bucks a piece I figure its a bargain based on time commitment and money in equipment commitment… not to mention the tub full of warm water every night for weeks on end.

Although i did see it on a menu for 45 the other day, i was tempted to try it.
Yikes. We had a fox take off with a duck a few months back. We never found her. Circle of life I guess. I do t think my husband would agree to a $700 vet bill. But, I'm not opposed to it.

I paid $3 for ducklings and I went only across town. I got Ancona and the Ancona/Runner mix.
I won’t purchase a grown duck just because I enjoy the little ones so much.
Before this, I had only had ducklings. Paid $5/ea and drove 1.5 hrs. That was quote the distance. I don't think I'd do that again because I've found the same breed closer now.

Every time I give away a drake for little to nothing my husband tells me... It was worth more than that on a plate!
If the next person was buying it and decided to make it dinner, they probably aren't going to pay as much initially since they would either have to cull or find someone to do it.

My husband calculates cost this way, too. He bought me a fancy incubator and so far I've hatched some goslings and ducklings. Every time something hatches, he'll say "oh that costs me $50", or whatever number we're at now. Good news is, at least the cost of every hatching goes down. 😂
My husband would never buy me an incubator, he knows I'd be keeping everything I could. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom