THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Is it bad to candle them every night?? (Cuz that is what I have been doing!)
IT is fun to candle. My first hatch I couldn't keep the flashlight off the eggs. TTHe quest--looking for the minutes changes. Fun, very fun.

Quote:
If you need help, Incubators Anonymous is available.
jumpy.gif

Coop De Grille: I got them from an ebay seller....kathyleininger. She has another listing here. The seramas are from my own birds.

I might need to borrow my neighbor's bator...I don't see my two broody bantams covering nearly 3 dozen by themselves, even if some are serama eggs
gig.gif

Last edited:
Hi all - yup, you don't see a calibration mark because there isn't one (and I certainly should not admit that I worked in a Hospital Lab
hide.gif
). My friend whom I borrowed the 'bator from never mentioned calibrating the thermom - perhaps because he hasn't had issues with it in the past, or perhaps because he calibrated it and didn't have a need to mark it...don't know. But I do appreciate the gentle reminder to make sure it's reading correctly!
smile.png

The temp has been off a half a degree, but I think that issue is ironed out. And I read a truly thought provoking article (from an old post on BYC) on humidity. Scratches head...

Yes, the bantam Leghorn bantam Barred Rock cross is so astonishingly friggin cute! And when my boss guy sees more of these little gherkins running around...oh, wait...don't count your chickens before they've hatched!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom