THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Is it too late to join?! I just set 7 banty eggs (silkies, d'uccle, BR) under my little cochin who is broody for the first time. I can wait to see how she does!

Here is my little Violet <3

Also, since this is in honor of mom's, I just have to say how awesome my mom is! She is a workhorse no matter what comes her way. She cared for my grandmother in her final months, lovingly nurtures my brother who is special needs, takes on the challenge of dealing with my grandfather with Alzheimers, runs her own coffee shop/cafe/bakery, supports my father and her kids, all on top of her own health problems. She's amazing and I love her so much. :)

Here we are at my graduation!
you are on the list! love moms!!

So far this year I've failed at hatching anything... but I'll join! Maybe the worst rate award is for me XD Though the BEST prize would be some of these chicks hatching!

So I have 20 eggs total that count for the contest days. 15 chicken and 5 duck. The chickens are 8 black silkies and 7 showgirls(?!) first gen silkie roo/turken hen cross. The ducks are crested pekin/pekin. The picture has the non-contest eggs crossed out.

you are on the list! love the smiles on the eggs!!!!!!

Ok is there a thing like a 12 step program for me?
fl.gif
I just counted all my chickens.
barnie.gif
I included the big to small ones. I didn't count the ones in the bator. I didn't realize how many I have!! I need help!!
hide.gif
Unless this is the chicken math that everyone talks about. I have something wrong with me I guess.

I know just how that feel, in this BYC world............. that's normal!
gig.gif

Crazy Pet Lady, think of all the boring boxes that goes through the PO...they probably love it. My mailman loves the updates on my eggs and chicks, and one day my eggs arrived after the mailman left to deliver the mail and the PO guy drove 15 minutes to my house on his lunchbreak to deliver my eggs so they'd be as fresh as possible. It was sooo nice of him!

OK, now for my unofficial broody pic...I'm pretty sure this doesn't count.

LOVE THIS PICS!!!!!!!
love.gif

Help I can't. Stop looking for eggs. It's like crack. I swapped on the April swap thread. Then that wasn't enough I started stalking more swap threads. I traded for eggs then the trader had more eggs for sale so I had to buy more. Thn I won some eggs on e-bay. I'm so ashamed.
hmm.png
the only thing that saved me from dh cutting me off is I sold a bunch of my hatching eggs this week. I wonder what the po thinks eggs come in eggs go out.
tongue.png
. I will not look for mor eggs, I will not look for more eggs, I will not look for more eggs. Till tomorrow.

its one day at a time... one day at a time. "I'm powerless against hatching eggs and my life has become unmanageable."
gig.gif

Gotta say, the worst part of this whole thing is that the eggs that I have setting now don't look like they're progressing like they should and all I wanna do is get some more just in case. Crack...absolutely... crack. ugh.

Day 7 for my first 12 D'anver eggs :) 9 look like they are developing! Three... not so sure. I have 6 Millie Fleur and 3 Porcelain growing and im excited! Next week ill candle the other 18 (Blue quail, Quail, Silver quail, and more mille and porcelain! Here is one of my eggs at day 7. ( There are viens, it just didnt show up in the pic

Thanks for posting the candling pic. Just wondering if you (and/ or other folks) consider this egg on the porous side?

LL
broody pic - bantam Leghorn hen #7 with her surrogate bantam Barred Rock chicks. #7 is my best broody

Well I snuck a few more in this morning. I might add a few more later today and then stop!!! I snuck in ONE lavendar ameraucana egg from our one pips&peeps hen and one more speckled sussex.. and one more Silkie!. New Total

Okay so far this is what I have put in the Old Round Metal Incubator 11 guineas 5 Speckled Sussex eggs 23 Silkies Still Looking around for more.... May add more after egg...

So we're at 39 eggs in the old brower incubator from mid 1950's

Will add pick of it later ....Happy Hatching everyone!

Ok is there a thing like a 12 step program for me?
fl.gif
I just counted all my chickens.
barnie.gif
I included the big to small ones. I didn't count the ones in the bator. I didn't realize how many I have!! I need help!!
hide.gif
Unless this is the chicken math that everyone talks about. I have something wrong with me I guess.
I don't know about everyone else but in our house chicken math we don't count eggs in the bators or chicks in the brooders or that I might sell one day or the silkie or serams. So we only have like 30 chickens. Meat chickens don't count either. I'm getting 10 buff Cornish and 5 white rocks keeping the buff hens and the rock Roos to have my own meat chicken eggs. So really these are related to meat chickens so they don't count in the chicken total.

Thanks for posting the candling pic. Just wondering if you (and/ or other folks) consider this egg on the porous side?
I have read many post were people do not like porous eggs, and read just as many where people keep them and they hatch just fine.
hu.gif
I would keep it, I'm optimistic that way.

LL
broody pic - bantam Leghorn hen #7 with her surrogate bantam Barred Rock chicks. #7 is my best broody
Lovely picture!!

Back
Top Bottom