THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Here is my broody girl entry, this is Cornelia, she's sitting on 6 eggs right now. 2 Golden Comet/OE Game, 2 OE Game, and 2 mystery eggs. This is my second attempt at hatching as I am VERY new to all this!

You shouldn't have to worry too much, she will do all the work for you.
pop.gif

OK everyone, Today is the last day to join up or set eggs!!!! and Tomorrow night at 11:59pm ET Time is the last day to enter pics for the broody hen contest. I will then take all of the pics that have been entered and put the pics on a poll to vote on for one week only! The winner will get 6+ serama eggs from crazypetlady!! does anyone know where there is a good place to set up the poll??

I'll join in! I set 15 Call duck eggs on the 24th, so I expect Call ducklings on Mother's Day. Tonight I will be setting 2 dozen Silkie eggs, to hatch about the same time. Oh, and I have 2 other batches of Call ducks due within the week prior to Mother's Day. All told, I have 5 different batches due to hatch over the next 3 weeks leading up to, and on Mother's Day. Come on babies!!
fl.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

ETA: Oh....looks like I have to post pics of my eggs. I have some in the bator, and some under a couple of broodies. Do I need to take pics of the 2 broodies as well? One is a Call duck hen and I'm trying not to disturb her...and she bites really hard, lol.

Last edited:
I'll join in! I set 15 Call duck eggs on the 24th, so I expect Call ducklings on Mother's Day. Tonight I will be setting 2 dozen Silkie eggs, to hatch about the same time. Oh, and I have 2 other batches of Call ducks due within the week prior to Mother's Day. All told, I have 5 different batches due to hatch over the next 3 weeks leading up to, and on Mother's Day. Come on babies!!
fl.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

ETA: Oh....looks like I have to post pics of my eggs. I have some in the bator, and some under a couple of broodies. Do I need to take pics of the 2 broodies as well? One is a Call duck hen and I'm trying not to disturb her...and she bites really hard, lol.

if you can't get the pic of the eggs under the hens, then just post a pic of the hens! BTW if you don't want to enter the pics of the hens in the contest just say so when you post the pics!

Ok...will do...thanks! I'll get pics up later today. I wish I had something to donate for another contest....we need one for the ugliest chick hatched, or the cutest.
big_smile.png

fl.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

I'll admit I confuse easily but...do Call Ducks not take 28 days like other ducks? If they do, 4 weeks from the 24th would take you to May 22nd - about 9 days after Mother's Day.

I'll admit I confuse easily but...do Call Ducks not take 28 days like other ducks? If they do, 4 weeks from the 24th would take you to May 22nd - about 9 days after Mother's Day.

lol.. I don't think the "hatch date" matters for some.. I set goose eggs this past week and muscovys this morning and they said they could be included.. even though their hatch dates will be well after mother's day

lol.. I don't think the "hatch date" matters for some.. I set goose eggs this past week and muscovys this morning and they said they could be included.. even though their hatch dates will be well after mother's day

No no - that isn't what I meant! Mine won't hatch until after Mother's Day either. But she had said she set them on the 24th so they would hatch on Mother's Day and may be disappointed when it doesn't work out like that!

No no - that isn't what I meant! Mine won't hatch until after Mother's Day either. But she had said she set them on the 24th so they would hatch on Mother's Day and may be disappointed when it doesn't work out like that!

ah... i missed that part... ok.. call ducks take about 26 days (most of the ones i hatched years ago took 26 days)... so setting on the 24th and going by 26 days would give them a hatch date of around..... May 20th?... i think i counted that right...

and Mother's day is the second sunday in May... so that's the 13th.....

Thank you for actually listing the date of MOthers Day! With eggs I'm so focused on the here and now that I didn't know what date for Mothers' day. Now I ca plan a day at the zoo ( mom's in free)

Back
Top Bottom